An accessory that doesn't work with the lightning to 30-pin adapter? Try this

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ntombi, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

When I first got the adapter, I was freaking out because it wasn't working with the iPod features in my car, but I could tell it wanted to. When I plugged it in, it would charge, but only when unplugging it would the stereo briefly show the iPhone as connected, just for that split second as it was pulled out. Finally, I plugged it in the other way. Eureka!

So the upshot is that it works fine with the USA SPEC PA15-TOY in my Toyota BUT only if plugged in a certain direction. It actually needed to be plugged in backwards (with the label of the cable and the adapter facing the back of the iPhone) before it worked. Once I did that, it worked perfectly. If I plugged it in facing front, it charges, but doesn't show as connected to the stereo, nor does it play.

Same goes for my JBL docked speaker system. It charges but does not play when facing forward, but has full functionality when attached backwards. Try it.

If you have any accessory that doesn't work, try it the other way.

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

good tip but I would guess that:

1. Your particular connecter is defective
    2. Totally false advertising from Apple. What's the fun/point of being able to go in either way if that's really *not* the case?

3. Ntombi thread starter macrumors 68030

Ntombi

That may be, but it still works. I'm going to be getting another soon, so if the new one works both ways, I'll exchange this one. For now, it's enough that it works.

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Likewise, if the new one works both ways & the current one is proven faulty, also post that fact here. :)

5. Ntombi thread starter macrumors 68030

Ntombi