An afternoon with Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by gauchogolfer, Sep 8, 2007.

1. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Obama is in Santa Barbara today to do some campaigning, and he gave a speech at Santa Barbara City College at lunchtime. It was the first time I've seen him in person, and heard him live. He certainly has a gift of communication, and I was impressed with his presence and ability to rally people to him. I've been unsure as to how I would vote in the Democratic primary, but having had the experience today I was swayed towards his corner.

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    A beautiful day looking out over Santa Barbara.

[​IMG]
    Speaking to the crowd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

High-five to the greeting line.

2. juanm macrumors 65816

Number one rule if you're running for presidency and make a speech: roll your sleeves up! :p

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Notice how the crowd is dressed? It was a very nice day in these parts!

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It was also very hot! Too hot (I was close by, little SE of there). He could have talked about global warming, everyone would have listened.

I like Obama, still wary of some of what he's peddling (mildly disappointed with his healthcare plans, or lack thereof, and not really excited with some other things about him), but I'd still vote for him over most of the Republican candidates any day.