An alert I can get rid of on my 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inmem58, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Inmem58 macrumors member

This alert suddenly keeps popping up in bold white letters:confused: THIS ACCESSORY IS NOT OPTIMIZED FOR THIS IPHONE.

Under the bolded letters it's followed by: You may experience noise caused by cellular interference and a decrease in signal strength.

I never had this problem until this weekend. I turned notifications off, but it still pops up. Anybody else have this problem, is it fixable? Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Do you have anything plugged into your dock connector? If not, then the dock connector might be going bad.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Probably crud in the dock connector, use compressed air or a wooden toothpick to clean it out.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Or probably Apple's subtle way to let you know its time for a 4S... :rolleyes:

5. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

are you using an accessory when you see this? I have never had this issue but have seen in other threads that if you are getting this pop up without something plugged into the bottom port that you need to clean the bottom port. Do NOT use water or any liquid cleaner, I think you can gently blow the dust out. I also saw someone recommend AGAINST a can of spray air.
    Good Luck

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like something wrong with your dock connector. check to see if there's any dirt or dust there.
    Also might be water damage issue.

7. Inmem58 thread starter macrumors member

I have nothing plugged into my phone. It'll pop up about every 10 minuets even when I'm not on my phone. It'll just light up with the message, I hit "dismiss" every time. Kind of annoying, I'll try to clean it out.

I didn't want to use my upgrade just yet, but it's another reason to keep the option available :-(