An Apology from me, Re bent phone thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xzentric, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Xzentric macrumors member

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise.

Apologise for the chaos that my thread caused. Far to many arguments and far to much sniping.

This is the internet, so everyone is entitled to their opinion and they're entitled to believe what they want. Freedom of speech and all that.

What I would like you all to know, is what my intentions were when creating that thread. (again, you are entitled not to believe a word I say)

It was never my intention to troll. I am an avid apple fan and I own many of their products. I also own a samsung tv. I do not prefer one company over the other.

I just enjoy using the products I buy.

I did not do anything to my phone, I know that phones do not bend by themselves but I swear that I have not done anything that would cause my phone to bend.

The fact that the bend with my phone was only slight should be enough to accept this, surely.

Anyway, without starting another debate I simply posted my thread on this forum to see if others had encountered the same problem. I was unaware of the scale of debate going on regarding the bend gate saga as I have only been reading one or two threads. One of them being the uk iPhone 6 thread.

I had never bothered with any other threads as I had not had the need to.

As others have pointed out, the right thing to do was contact apple which i did. It was then pointed out that there was no need for me to write that thread as I was only doing it to cause trouble.

Well, I apologise if this is what it seemed my intentions were, but that is incorrect.

My belief was that this was a forum dedicated to all things iPhone, and I started the thread to see if others had come across the issue. I did not realise I would have caused the chaos I did.

I said that I didn't care being called a liar, but to be fair I was very pissed off that I came on this forum for genuine advice and got attacked for it.

I then started to attack others, which I don't normally do. So again, I apologise for that.

Look, I understand some a very passionate and there is nothing wrong with that.

I just want you all to know that I did not mean to come across like I was taking the piss. Because I wasn't.

Is there any point to this thread? I don't know. It depends on whether you believe I'm telling the truth.

One thing though, It would be great if this didn't turn into another x amount of pages full of insults and arguments.

I am being genuine and sincere.

Sorry!

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

3. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

That's an honorable gesture but I don't think you were obligated to do it. The "issue" surrounding the bends is what caused the chaos, not you personally. That and the fact that the average age of members here seems to be about 14.

4. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Your phone bent. It happens. The real question is still "How?" And we will probably never know.

5. gtstricky macrumors regular

gtstricky

Wait.... your phone was bent?

j/k

No worries... everyone is on to the *gate already.

6. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

^^^ Exactly this. :cool:

7. noobinator macrumors 601

8. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Well, there's three seconds of my life I'll never get back.

9. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

While I find it difficult to believe anyone's phone would bend with normal, everyday, non-rough use, I also believe some of the 6 and 6+ could very well come from the factory with a twist or slight bend in the aluminum frame. Makes sense - quality control is far from 100%, even with Apple. What I do find appalling is that anyone would come to this forum, longtime or first post member, to post their problem/experience with their phone and the first inclinations of many other members is to label them a liar, troublemaker, Samsung shill or troll. What is an iPhone forum for except to discuss the phone, its benefits and disadvantages, and problems or positive use experiences? Everyone needs to chill out and give others the benefit of doubt. Pictures help in stating your case and politeness on both sides of any conversation should be the norm. If I was you, I wouldn't give it another moment's thought. There are many nice, kind, helpful members on this forum; try to focus your mind on their helpful responses and ignore unpleasant posts.

I am saying this as someone who is truly sick of Bendgate and screams inside every time I see a new "bendy" thread. Let's all talk about how we are using our phones and enjoying and/or troubleshooting them in everyday use.

10. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Thank you. I don't think you need to apologize, but it was nice to do so.

Please let us know how Apple handles your situation. I think a lot of people want to know how they will treat your case.

11. noobinator macrumors 601

You read awfully slow.

12. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I counted the time it took to write the reply.

13. wxman2003 Suspended

Unfortunately, bendgate threads create mass hysteria on this forum.

14. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, bendgate is mass hysteria. Once again, an Apple "problem" blown way out of proportion. And by the media doing this, people like the OP get labeled incorrectly.

15. ricktat macrumors 65816

L33T Haxor no get pwned by bendy iphone like noob

16. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

This is just going to keep it going and you probably should have just posted this on the two other threads you started about it. Now, your on to three. You shouldn't have to apologize to anyone anyway.

17. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Personally, I think everyone should stop taking this whole bendgate thing so...well, personally.

18. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Bendgate will die a natural death like all of the other "gate" issues. Good riddance.... :cool:

19. syphern macrumors 6502

his apology is fake like his bent phone!!!!!!1

20. wxman2003 Suspended

I agree. The one real sure way to know if bendgate was real is to see if Applecare increases in price dramatically next year with the next iPhone release. If the price suddenly increases by 10%, then something was cutting into their profits. Applecare is a cash cow for Apple.

21. EarleD, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014

EarleD Guest

while its a nice thing to apologize, you dont owe one in this case. Your phone bent, Apple store told you its a defect in a small amount of phone. Its that simple. They replaced the phone because they should have.

22. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

23. itjw macrumors 65816

I would seek professional help.

Apple is going to need to start covering thearpy, time off work, and other mental distress caused by bends in their indestructible phones.

I too thought it was ridiculous at first, but now see that the only option may be martial law. I know it seems extreme, but hear me out: If people are under house arrest, the odds of them sitting on their phones and bending them would go down slightly. It would also reduce the incidents of tight pants bending, and bending in purses/satchels as people wouldn't be going anywhere to necessitate that transport.

At MINIMUM Apple needs to pay for some sort of rigid transport device. They could even train monkeys to carry the phone for people from place to place. The only problem I see there is that people would complain if their monkey was scuffed, or if it had a different shade of fur than another monkey. Then the problem would only get worse.

I am starting to see why Apple has such a hard time dealing with idiots...

24. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read in my entire life.

Do you really think a monkey would not bend a phone?

If you're going to offer solutions, try not to make a mockery out of it.

Come on, man.

25. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I believe you buddy... I would never write such a nice, heart-felt explanation/apology to this bunch adolescant ball-busters, but a hard high five to you for doing just that! :p

I'm just glad you got your phone worked out.