An AT&T made my iPhone a prepaid go phone help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by erizuri, Dec 30, 2010.

1. erizuri macrumors newbie

AT&T rep got my 3g not jailbroken iPhone to. Work as a prepaid gophone. However he could not do it with my other iphone jailbroken. It said it did not recognize de sim card. And it stayed on no service. Does anyone know why it did notwork on my jailbroken iPhone. Is there another way around it. Can't unlock my iPhone because of the bootloader. Is there any other ideas on how to get my phone to be useful?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You dont need to be JB or unlocked to use prepaid AT&T sims with US iphones.
    Just restore it.

3. erizuri thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I make my jailbroken iPhone into prepaid gophone help

But my iPhone is already jailbroken, and the AT&T rep could not make it prepaid and I don't want to change that on my phone. The rep could do it on my iPhone that is not jailbroken but not on my jailbroken one. It kept givinge errors, does anyone know how to get that phone working. I have the sim card and the minutes

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The rep didnt do nothing but give you a prepaid simcard.
    Dont think he did something magical.
    Restore the JB iphone to official firmware thru itunes and you'll be able to use any prepaid AT&T sim in that also.

5. erizuri thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it the fact that I downgrade it my firmware then? Ohhh

Ohhh, is it the fact that I downgraded my firmware from a 4.2.1 to a 3.1.2 that is not letting it? If I upgrade my firmware back to the 4.2.1 will unjailbrake my phone? I mean, I'll like to keep it jailbroken. Would that work.? Thanks in advace

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure why it wasnt recognizing your sim. You can upgrade to official 4.2.1 and still jailbreak it later with redsnow.
    Let it activate with an AT&T sim inside while plugged into itunes first though before you JB again.

7. erizuri thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry another question

So if I get it working and jailbrake it again can I downgrade it again too a 3.1.2 like I did before or would it interfere with the prepaid service?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It shouldnt interfere.
    Just downgrade to 3.1.2 and let it activate with your AT&T sim and then JB it.

9. erizuri thread starter macrumors newbie