An FYI regarding LimeRa1n vs. GreenPois0n for those who have not JB'd yet

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by elgrecomac, Oct 18, 2010.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

For those who have not JB'd their iphones, here was my experience regarding
    LimeRa1n vs Greenpois0n:

I JB'd my phone the day the Limera1n software came out and installed several apps including winterboard and a few themes off of Cydia. But every time I made a change in Winterboard, my iphone 'locked up' for the sake of a better term. I was able to resolve this by turning the phone off and on again.

Once the Greenpois0n JB came available, I restored my phone to factory settings, jail broke it using Greenpois0n and re-installed the cydia-based software and the Winterboard issue went away.

2. apmorency macrumors regular

Limera1n updates were released since you first used it, and (probably) most peoplel have used it with no issues.

3. Cap41 macrumors 6502

4. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I used LimeRa1n, I JB my phone yesterday. The only problem I ran into was trying to preserve my baseband with the new TinyUmbrella 4.1.10. I ran TSS Server, then when I got to recovery mode I tried to kick it out but the option was grayed out, so I opened up an earlier of TinyUmbrella version 4.1.06 and used that to kick me out. But the Limera1n process was simple, just go into it and download cydia once it's on your phone then uninstall limera1n after your done.

5. elgrecomac thread starter macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Thanks all...

This thread was to share my experience and gain input from others so before people being the JB process, they can make an informed decision about the two solutions...and with the updates everyone has provided, they now can.

Thanks every one!