An Obama iPhone wallpaper

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nagromme, Oct 2, 2008.

1. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Just the logo, positioned to fit in the free area of the iPhone's screen. (It's much sharper than the preview thumbnail seen here--so click to get the real image.)

What better way to support your choice for president, than an image seen only by you, for 1/3 of a second as you unlock your phone? :)

A fine companion to the new Obama '08 iPhone application:
    http://daringfireball.net/linked/2008/10/02/obama-app

(If you're more of a Roslin supporter, you may want my other wallpaper.)

Attached Files:

2. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

And now a more colorful one, to celebrate the result.

(Preview is low-quality. Click for the real high-quality file.)

I have a desktop version too (up to 2560x1600) if anyone wants it.

Attached Files:

3. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

That's sweet! Post the desktop version, please. :)

4. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

Desktop version

Here you go. 2560x1600, ready for 32" or smaller screens.

Fill Screen mode recommended, but Center and Tile can be interesting too.

Attached Files:

5. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Thanks a lot! I put it as my desktop on my MacBook and as my wallpaper on my PS3. :)
    [​IMG]

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Way too contrasting for me and pretty hard to read text (how are you doing so on the PS3 :eek:). There an inverted one? :p

7. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

whats wrong with the good ole stars and strips?

[​IMG]

i find it a little offensive that you are using this new image as a logo for our nation, the election is over he won, he will the be president of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ...NOT the UNITED STATES OF BARRAK

if this logo stars showing up in more places in common society we are truly heading down a bad path...

9. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Who said it was a logo for our nation? Your paranoia is unfounded. Your grammar attrocious. Your post pointless.

10. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

For the love of God, are you kidding me?

Your statements is what leads to fascism, attack anything you disagree with and pretend that you are a patriot because you are doing it.

Your BS is what will get us down that path. Right after the FBI clamps down on anti-war protesters.

11. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

DUDE, CHILL!

im not attacking President Elect Obama, he won out right no question asked, and he will be our president for the next four years, and im hoping he will do a fine job of it. I just don’t think its right to start worshiping another symbol instead of the flag of our country that’s all

Obama has never made any indication that he would ever, what if he wanted to start using that symbol for our country instead of our flag, this mindless worshiping of him is what replaced the German flag with the nazi flag...i am not comparing his views in any way to the nazi's absolutely not i just don’t want to ever see something like that happen again where one man took control of a country like he did which, if Barak started replacing the flag with that logo, is what we would be starting to do.

AGAIN, President Elect Obama has NEVER suggested this, lets just be careful and make sure it doesn’t happen

12. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

squeeks, Obama and his horizon logo has become a symbol of hope and success for many people. I say plaster it everywhere. Then everyone will see how far we have come as a country. Wanting to hold on to that logo isn't fascist or worship, its embracing this time in our country's history as a glorious turning point. A black man has been elected to lead the country that once would have considered him no more that 3/5 of a person, and then only for census purposes. That is huge, and everyone has a right to be proud of it and to draw hope from it.

To imply somehow that it could replace the country flag and lead to some sort of nazi-like regime in any form is preposterous and, I find, a little insulting.

Also, for the love of the stars and stripes could you please start spelling his name right!!! It only has one R. :p :D

13. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Worshipping another symbol? What? Who is worshipping it? It's wallpaper!

DUDE YOU NEED TO CHILL

14. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yes that is great thing, personally i wish it was a different black man, but hey, we'll see what he can do

i didnt say it was it was becoming like that i said lets keep it from happening

again, its he united states of american, not the united states of barak, lets keep it that way;)

my mistake

15. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

I never said it was! I said lets make sure it doesnt turn out that way...god

16. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Exactly! Thanks, abiyng87. :)

This was the first election I ever voted in (I'm 19) so Obama's win/the Obama plaque has huge sentimental value to me. My family was one of the many families who got hit the hardest during the last couple years. We went from being upper middle class to just barely qualifying for middle-middle class. Barack Obama has been that ray of sunshine on a stormy day for me and my family and now that he has won, even the darkest of days are full of sunshine. For you (squeeks) to try to break that hope down is, quite frankly, rude and disgusting. He may not be your choice of president but he is still your president and you must honor and respect him. Just as the Obama supporters would have eventually learned to support McCain if he were to become president.

I'm done now.

17. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yes...thankyou i believe i said that right here...

read all of the posts before you go bashing me please

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

LOL! Worshiping? You're projecting your fears all over this forum. :p

I have a picture of my son as my wallpaper. Are you suggesting that I worship him?

19. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

worshiping family is a good thing my friend;)

anyway, y'all are totally missing my point, i never said any of this was happening, i just dont want to see it happen. Id rather keep the Stars and Strips the face of our nation, not the current presidents logo image thingy

20. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

When he starts putting it on the flags behind him on podiums you can worry. Until then, relax, it's only an iPhone wallpaper.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Did you not say:
    'Cause that sounds like you said it was happening.

But in any case, I find it offensive that your repeated sexual assaults of farm animals continues.

Please note that I never said your sexual assault of farm animals was happening, I just don't want to see it happen. :p

22. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

you are correct i mispoke there

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well if you want to use the symbol of Obama how about this.
    [​IMG]

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You realize you do this kind of thing in almost every post you make right?

Its accusations and wild speculation followed by frantic explaining away and backing up.

Maybe you should read your posts before you submit them once in a while and see if your going to start a controversy with ignorance. Until then it just seems to me like your a functioning troll.

25. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

In the spirit of unity, I'd like to point out that we have two viewpoints in this thread that aren't very different after all. In fact, I won't even say which one I agree with :)

1. "The Obama logo should not be put on the American flag. But there's no sign of such an absurd thing being remotely possible, so it's silliness--if not intentional trolling--to get emotional over the matter."

or

2. "The Obama logo should not be put on the American flag. And the risk of that happening is very real and very dangerous. The risk is so great that it's worth getting emotional over things that seem small, such as liking the logo and the candidate enough to use a wallpaper on a personal computer just after the election. Such a wallpaper choice may seem trivial, but it's not--wallpaper is a form of worship--and this must be vigorously opposed. Otherwise, a great leader may turn evil, as Hitler did, and our centuries-old and much-loved flag might very well be gone--despite the thousand hurdles in the way, from the legal to the political to the public to the fact that nobody even wants to change the flag in the first place. Pride in your country and in your president and in the will of your fellow Americans is fine--but do not express that pride and hope visually in the privacy of your own computer."

Really, only the last part is different. We all agree on the basics :)