An odd situation, to beachball, or not to beachball, that is the question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by negativzero, Apr 19, 2013.

1. negativzero macrumors 6502

I just got my 2011 MBP replaced by Apple with a 2012 MBP and I'm in a rather odd situation.

I run my MBP in a SSD+HDD setup with OSX in the SSD in the main bay and W8 bootcamp in the HDD in the superdrive compartment. However, I noticed that in such a configuration OSX runs fine, however my bootcamp partition will not load at all.

And when I put the SSD in the superdrive compartment and the HDD in the main bay, bootcamp works perfectly. However I get more beachballs in OSX than a sunny day at the beach.

This is driving me crazy :(. Anyone got a fix for this??? Or have any of you even encountered this???

2. negativzero thread starter macrumors 6502

3. wingate.white macrumors newbie

I don't know terribly much about this kind of configuration but it sounds like the weak link is however you are connecting the disc bay drive to the computer since thats the one bugging out each time

4. negativzero thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I know that's why I want to know if there is a fix for this.
    I had no problems on my 2011 MBP with this setup but the 2012 MBP is killing me right now :(

5. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

6. negativzero thread starter macrumors 6502

Nothing wrong with the super drive cable. I tried it on a cable from another MacBook too and I still got the beachballs.

I also did the hardware test and it came back ok.