An Open Letter (Apology) From Mr. Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 21, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/o...-letter-from-mr-trump.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

I’m sorry that I realized too late that all the great put-downs that helped me put away the 16 dwarfs don’t translate well to the general election.

I’m sorry that I’m causing the Republicans to lose control of the Senate and I’m sorry they wish I’d never been born.

I’m really not that sorry to be causing trouble for Paul Ryan, who’s going to lose seats in the House. He’s a prig and I wish he had lost his primary to that tattooed guy who likes me.

I’m sorry I pretended I was going to release my tax returns. Of course I didn’t pay any taxes. I have the all-time greatest real estate deductions and depreciations.

I’m sorry I asked African-Americans “What do you have to lose by supporting me?” in front of a crowd of white people. I’m sorry I can never find my African-American.

(more via the link)

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Missed the best part:

I’m sorry that while I’m being too honest, Crooked Hillary is never really sorry for all her lies and illegal operations. She’s like Lyin’ Lochte, just sorry she got caught. Hearing her apologize is as likely as seeing those 33,000 yoga emails.

I’m sorry the Clintons didn’t realize until now how bad it was to be using the State Department as a favor factory for big donors to the foundation. I’m all for pay-for-play, but only at my golf courses.

I’m sorry Hillary had to besmirch poor Colin Powell by claiming he gave her the idea for private emails. Hasn’t his reputation suffered enough pushing that phony war at the U.N.? Have I mentioned that I was against the Iraq war before the British mapmakers invented Iraq? I’m sorry more people don’t believe that.

And I’m sorry Hillary is so unhealthy and weak that she hardly ever campaigns and needs pillows to prop her up when she does. I’m sorry to say that she does not have the stamina to take on ISIS. But I am not sorry to say that I am fully recovered from the bone spurs that got me out of Vietnam and ready to kick the you-know-what out of ISIS.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

If that part makes you feel better. It also means you missed the point of the essay. Have a great night