And everyone thought the last Administration where stupid

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
From the AP of all places!
"PROMISES, PROMISES: A closed meeting on openness"

It's hardly the image of transparency the Obama administration wants to project: A workshop on government openness is closed to the public.

The event Monday for federal employees is a fitting symbol of President Barack Obama's uneven record so far on the Freedom of Information Act, a big part of keeping his campaign promise to make his administration the most transparent ever. As Obama's first year in office ends, the government's actions when the public and press seek information are not yet matching up with the president's words.

"The Freedom of Information Act should be administered with a clear presumption: In the face of doubt, openness prevails," Obama told government offices on his first full day as president. "The government should not keep information confidential merely because public officials might be embarrassed by disclosure, because errors and failures might be revealed, or because of speculative or abstract fears."

Obama scored points on his pledge by requiring the release of detailed information about $787 billion in economic stimulus spending. It's now available on a Web site, http://www.recovery.gov. Other notable disclosures include waivers that the White House has granted from Obama's conflict-of-interest rules and reports detailing Obama's and top appointees' personal finances.

Yet on some important issues, his administration produced information only after government watchdogs and reporters spent weeks or months pressing, in some cases suing.
It goes on to talk about Iraqi detainees photos that I agree with not releasing.
I think this is Hilarious. If these are the "intellictualls"? Bring on the morons!

(Title & "intellictualls" spelled incorrectly on purpose)

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
When you can't spell, just put in a disclaimer that it was done on purpose.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
I often have spell words wrong.
It is well documented here over the years, I promise you-The Title and intellectuals were intentionally misspelled.

Either way, believe what you wish. The world is warming from CO2 (neither is true), a flying spaghetti monster is responsible for your life. Don't forget, abortion doesn't take a life, and D'obama will save us.

Rampant.A.I.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009
It is well documented here over the years, I promise you-The Title and intellectuals were intentionally misspelled.

Either way, believe what you wish. The world is warming from CO2 (neither is true), a flying spaghetti monster is responsible for your life. Don't forget, abortion doesn't take a life, and D'obama will save us.

And everyone thought the last Administration where stupid. X

And everyone thought the last Administration were stupid. X

And everyone thought the last administration was stupid. √

a flying spaghetti monster is responsible for your life
Way more plausible than evolution. Right? Am I right? Right.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
allrite,
nowe adressss tha ishue, wtf -y iz ther a clozd meating on openass?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Wow, the stupidity thread factor has really been stepped up today....

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas

Yeah, that just sort of sums up all the reasons why Republicans get a bad name. (This is regardless of you are in fact Republican or not)

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
are you drunk?
I wish!
No, just trying to get by the spelling issue I was poking fun at in starting the thread. Of course-it became the issue when no one wanted to address the irony of D'Obama and the closed meeting on openness.
Like Climate-gate, it is not the content of the emails or the lack of response to FOIA requests, it is how the information was obtained. Why? Because there are no logical answers for the fundamental questions.
Whatever.

Yeah, that just sort of sums up all the reasons why Republicans get a bad name. (This is regardless of you are in fact Republican or not)
Not any more.
Had a big argument recently with the local Rep Chairman.
The only thing worse than the Republicans is the Dems. We need new parties.
When Hope & Change is now closed meetings on openness-the crazy factor is off the scale.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Not any more.
Had a big argument recently with the local Rep Chairman.
The only thing worse than the Republicans is the Dems. We need new parties.
When Hope & Change is now closed meetings on openness-the crazy factor is off the scale.
Isn't this meeting where they figure out what exactly is able to be disclosed to the public? Why the hell would that in itself be open to the public? They're going to be discussing things that clearly shouldn't be leaked

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Welcome to problems on these boards. When something is clearly posted discrediting Obama and showing some of his many broken promises they instead nitpick at spelling to throw off the fact that Obama is just another low life politician.

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
Welcome to problems on these boards. When something is clearly posted discrediting Obama and showing some of his many broken promises they instead nitpick at spelling to throw off the fact that Obama is just another low life politician.
Libs ignore Obama's foibles and failures and look for anything to deflect from his incompetence...

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Libs ignore Obama's foibles and failures and look for anything to deflect from his incompetence...
And you talk about community organizing, Air Force One photos and a teleprompter?

The most annoying part of the vocal group of the right that exists today is the lack of ability to have an intelligent discussion.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
And you talk about community organizing, Air Force One photos and a teleprompter?

The most annoying part of the vocal group of the right that exists today is the lack of ability to have an intelligent discussion.
same could be said of the left. They put blinders on for anything that shows broken promises or lies

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
same could be said of the left. They put blinders on for anything that shows broken promises or lies
I don't really think it's anywhere near the same. To some extent it's just the default response now to assume that the space for intelligent conversation cannot occur, probably started with the birth certificate movement, as well as the community organizer discussion in the midst of the Palin nomination circus.

Rampant.A.I.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009
The things I've seen brought up on this website as "broken promises and lies" are stupid, inconsequential BS.

If no one but the hardcore conservatives are flipping out over it, chances are it isn't really a big deal, and they're just mudslinging.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Did you read the title of this thread? :rolleyes: It was a cry for silly retorts.