And here I was thinking Trump was a bot to begin with...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LizKat, Mar 25, 2016.

1. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

2. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

If they don't get sued, the thing could be pretty good by time the general election rolls around. Scary when you think about it. Scary when The Trumpf thinks about it. He could go sulk in a closet and let the bot finish wrecking his campaign.

3. Robisan macrumors 6502

Metrical Analysis of Trump Insult Haiku

This has been crystallizing in my mind without my realizing it. And when I went back to Donald Trump's Twitter feed it was more true than I realized. Trump doesn't just tweet. He's developed a sort of twitter-based, 140 character, insult haiku literary form. Not every one of his tweets follows the exact metrical progression. But most of them do. And those that don't appear to be permutations or attempts at the model.

The metrical pattern is deceptively simple: Single clause declarative sentence, single clause declarative sentence, primary adjective/term of derision.

A few examples.

Ted Cruz does not have the right "temperment" to be President. Look at the way he totally panicked in firing his director of comm. BAD!

Have a good chance to win Texas on Tuesday. Cruz is a nasty guy, not one Senate endorsement and, despite talk, gets nothing done. Loser!

Ted Cruz should be disqualified from his fraudulent win in Iowa. Weak RNC and Republican leadership probably won't let this happen! Sad.

more...

4. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

All anybody has to do to make a Hillary tweet bot is post something about anything, then the next day post the exact opposite.

Scary.

5. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

The haiku of tweets, gotta love it. And see it's good the MIT team started the bot out with tweets. Did you read the transcript of the Trump interview by the Washington Post editorial board? If they fed that thing to the bot it would have decompensated in short order. Maybe give it this (haiku, it ain't):

TRUMP: No, not while I am president. No, not while I’m president. That is two phases. Right now, look, you know, I went to a great school, I was a good student and all. I am an intelligent person. My uncle, I would say my uncle was one of the brilliant people. He was at MIT for 35 years. As a great scientist and engineer, actually more than anything else. Dr. John Trump, a great guy. I’m an intelligent person. I understand what is going on. Right now, I had 17 people who started out. They are almost all gone. If I were going to do that in a different fashion I think I probably wouldn’t be sitting here. You would be interviewing somebody else. But it is hard to act presidential when you are being … I mean, actually I think it is presidential because it is winning. And winning is a pretty good thing for this country because we don’t win any more. And I say it all the time. We do not win any more. This country doesn’t win. We don’t win with trade. We don’t win with … We can’t even beat ISIS. And by the way, just to answer the rest of that question, I would knock the hell out of ISIS in some form. I would rather not do it with our troops, you understand that. Very important. Because I think saying that is very important because I was against the war in Iraq, although they found a clip talking to Howard Stern, I said, “Well…” It was very unenthusiastic. Before they want in, I was totally against the war. I was against it for years. I actually had a delegation sent from the White House to talk to me because I guess I get a disproportionate amount of publicity. I was just against the war. I thought it would destabilize the Middle East, and it did. But we have to knock out ISIS. We are living like in medieval times. Who ever heard of the heads chopped off?​