And I thought we were safe...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Blue Velvet, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

...from this nonsense. So far, out of all the broadsheets, it seems that it's only The Telegraph that has carried this story but here we go:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/01/nflood201.xml

Please spare us these loons. And here's hoping for one hell of an Anglican schism.

2. Queso macrumors G4

The difference in Britain is that only a tiny minority of people care what the Church thinks. Let him spout away. He's just making himself and his outdated institution look ridiculous :)

BTW, love the bit about institutional power being the beast. Said without a trace of irony no doubt.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I think it's fair to say that Yorkshire took the brunt of last week's bad weather – and as all Tykes know we live in God's Own County, so I reckon that blows these Bishop's arguments out of the water, if you'll excuse the expression.

Anyway, I'm sure that if this God chap he's going on about did do some biblical-style smiting it was probably mistaken identity – he could easily have misread 'Hull' for 'Hell'. ;)

4. calculus Guest

calculus

I always feel completely unable to produce a coherent argument against this kind of rubbish. How do you argue against something that is fundamentally the ravings of a sick mind?

5. Queso macrumors G4

Point and laugh?

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

There is your answer right there. Bullsh*t story, bullsh*t newspaper. Floods are due to oversaturated ground mixed with too much rain as far as I'm concerned.