and now it's Al Franken

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There’s a 36% chance of at least one out of forty five presidents being falsely accused of something with a one percent chance per president.

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

How about you just do the right thing and concentrate on what's happening now? Really, its ok for you that Trump harassed all those women just because Clinton got away with it? Sad.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Proof that people are playing party politics vs being human. Sad.

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

So you would go out of the way, even if the the law and jury of your peers proved your side to be right, to destroy a person or people who truly believe that you would have done what they say you had done to them, out of revenge?

How Sad.

Worse. They defending the political side that knew of all of the sexual harassment Clarence Thomas did against Anita Hill, their condoning of it, and despite all of it, got him into SCOTUS. And for all of the naysayers that go directly to Clinton, Thomas happened 2 years before Clinton was POTUS.

Again, major double standard... and shall I say it?

Sad.

BL.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Did I miss the part where he apologized?

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I could be stoned but I've read this a like 4 times and I can't make sense of it.

7. bradl, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:54 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 12:25 PM

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

ZA said he would go out of his way to destroy any person who pursued any type of harassment claim against him. All he needs to do is defend himself against the claim and move on. Destroying that person (his words, not mine) is geared toward revenge. How sad.

BL.

8. zin macrumors 6502

If somebody makes up a false allegation like that, they deserve to be sued.

9. darksithpro macrumors regular

This must be the new strategy of Democrats. It's a calculated strategy. They probably know the Muller investigation is not going to get them their Trump impeachment, so plan B is "The war on women." Pretend to take the moral high ground, by sacrificing Franken and others, so public opinion is swayed that the GOP is a sexual predator party. A Democratic strategist pretty much spilled the beans on their new strategy. Wapo, CNN and others are going after congress now, probably all Republican. Weaponize the liberal MSM, go figure.:rolleyes: https://twitter.com/mikehtrujillo/status/938815136571129856

10. Zenithal macrumors 68040

You're about 20 years late to that theory.

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I know you won't believe this but I'll say it anyway..we know that the Muller investigation isn't going to impeach Trump and we normal democrats will welcome kicking out anyone that feels women are to be groped, harassed, or otherwise demeaned in the workplace.

12. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

John Grisham called. He wants his improbably convoluted plotting back.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Pretend? No. Actually take it. Something Republicans have yet to learn. But how could they really with p-grabber in chief at the top of the party?

When it talks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and offically endorses and gives money to an accused sexual predator, expect to be labled the sexual predator party. Quack!

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Sued? that's possible. Deserves it. Destroyed? no.

However, the validity of their allegation has to be proven. There can be evidence to support the claim while the entire claim is proven false. And even in the slightest, does that mean that someone should be hellbent on "destroying that person"?

You have a choice: you can be the better person and move on, or you can be the whining prat about it and go with turning the tables to make fair play. Again, one's character is on the line here, and if someone has to go so low to do that out of spite...

How sad.

BL.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And you'll still be here defending the indefensible and bringing Clinton into the argument in 20 years.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'm still waiting for him to acknowledge Clarence Thomas. Nothing but crickets on that.

BL.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Sure 2024 rolls around you can impeach.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Why then? Oh. Right. You want this to be about party politics. Sad.

19. darksithpro macrumors regular

They just tried in the House and failed miserably the other day.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/trump-impeachment-vote-fail-282888

House Democrats overwhelmingly joined Republicans on Wednesday to defeat an attempt to impeach President Donald Trump. But 58 Democrats supported the bid to consider impeachment over the objections of House Democratic leaders, who viewed the measure as a distraction in a Republican-controlled Congress.

The motion to sideline the measure — killing the effort — was approved 364-58, with four Democrats voting present.

The vote was forced by Rep. Al Green (D-Texas), who introduced articles of impeachment describing Trump as a bigot who incites hate and has demeaned the presidency.

"Donald John Trump, by causing such harm to the society of the United States is unfit to be president and warrants impeachment, trial and removal from office," Green said on the House floor as he introduced the articles.

But Green, a seven-term, Houston-area lawmaker, said his conscience compelled him to push forward with the measure, even though he acknowledged he was unlikely to succeed.

“Now is not the time to consider articles of impeachment,” Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi and Minority Whip Steny Hoyer said in a joint statement, shortly after Green introduced his articles of impeachment.

20. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It could be a massive conspiracy like that, but it is more likely people are actually fed up with that kind of harassment.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Unless he did something while in the white house he was voted in with people knowing about his past record.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

Meaningless. Deflection. Try again

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump's staying in office, the left has shifted from Russia to obstruction to sexual harassment. By election time they will still be so consumed with Trump they won't know what to run on.

24. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Franken does have a pretty good point about these people on both sides of the aisle stepping down while the circus ringleader has a desk in the Oval Office. Lindsey Graham was right when he said Moore would be a gift that keeps on giving to democrats. Trump is already doing that, and if people said the democrats didn’t have a message in 2016,they damn sure will in 2018 and 2020.

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

58 was actually more than most people expected. So I wouldn't say miserably at all. When you do better than expected it's not miserable, it's encouraging!

Now, that being said, let me be clear...I am not under some grand illusion that the numbers will ever be there in the House. Well, at least not before the 2018 midterms or 2020 election. After that, who knows? Things could look quite different then. Only time will tell.