And Now, The Proper Way To Act When You’re Black, With A Gun And Get Pulled Over By Police

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 5, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

OMG, he lived?

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

saw it in the riders waist. shirt must have rode up with the air.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It seems like color has little to do with the issue. Not being a stupid ******* seems to be the best way to not get shot.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

What is this proving though? I've been pulled over by police while on my bike and car. Sometimes you get nice cops, sometimes you get power hungry ******s. But most of the times you get the cops that rarely speak, and just write you a ticket. Another cop's good actions doesn't excuse the cops that abuse their authority. The power hungry cops make things difficult no matter how one acts.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

got a feeling cops feel the same way you do, sometimes they meet nice people , other times they are dealing with pissed off morons who are mad they are getting a ticket for breaking the law. the morons make things difficult for cops no matter how the cop acts :D

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

But it's their job to deal with all types of people and emotions, and they are in authority. It's not a person's job to show respect towards police. If somebody feels they need to talk to the police in a bad manner, that shouldn't be a premise to abuse authority. Even if they don't follow directions, they are suppose to take adequate measures, not escalate to fatal solutions.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no one get's paid enough to deal with aholes, I agree authority should NEVER be abused but playing stupid games earns you stupid prizes, do unto others .................

9. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Practically every creature on the planet knows how to recognize which other creatures are alpha and how to act accordingly. This behavior is being bred out of humans and its costing them their lives. POs have a badge and a gun. They are the alpha. You don't have to like it but the ones who don't accept it end up dead.

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The fact that an apparently mentally competent African-American motorcyclist survived an encounter with two apparently professional police officers should not be seen as unusual, or any cause for celebration.

The problem is that anywhere from 20% to 50% of the individuals, of any race, who are killed by the police are suffering from one form or another of mental or emotional problem. And quite frankly, the fact that so many civilians are now walking around carrying firearms (legally or otherwise) simply makes the cops job that much harder. Especially when the disturbed person comes in contact with the cops.

I hear a lot of discussion about the need for "de-escalation" training for police officers. Which may very well be a very effective way of dealing with 99% of disturbed people. But its not ever going to be 100%. And so, horrified as I am by the many instances where cops end up killing unarmed or otherwise non-threatening people, I can sorta sympathize with cops who see a person acting erratically and failing to comply with clear directions.

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lmfao, no that is NOT how it works, things are a 2 way street, yes they have the upper hand and can make your life miserable, the badge does NOT make them "alpha" in any way. we are all equals.

12. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

Waste? Carrying around crap?

or waist? ;)

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Correcting grammar is not allowed.

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

This is a perfect example of what many blacks go through of a regular basis. The cop was so ready to shoot this black man.

--- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2016 ---
    That is the worst analogy ever.

You should tell that to the father of the dead 6 year old boy that was killed by police in Louisiana.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you spelled "suspicious people in SUV's with tinted windows" wrong. white dude outside my office window was put down in the ground while they checked him out. he was a P.I checking out the business in front of ours and parked there a few days before others called the cops on him.

16. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Nice propaganda, but I am not completely buying this. Guy just happened to have a high-res GoPro running, is driving erratically and speeding significantly (we can tell this by how quickly he is passing other vehicles). Gets a warning ticket. Clip gets posted to a pro-police Facebook. No credit given for the clip on the Facebook page or the "Crime Junkie" website. No credit given anywhere on the Internet. The whole encounter is a little too by the book for my BS detector.

17. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Iraq was suspicious. So by your logic, war was a right thing to do. ;)
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2016 ---
    I did find it a little strange that the cop's face was blacked out. Especially, since the cop did nothing wrong.

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

White supremacist cops made the black guy do it, just modern day slavery:rolleyes:

19. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

it seems like both the cop and the dude on the bike are chill. the guy let him know about his weapon right away, and the cop didn't freak out about it and draw his own gun in 0.2 seconds. definitely a 2 way street.

20. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

I wouldn't say that. It would not surprise me if they all were police officers, that this is a video created by a police union or something. Everything is a little too prefect. Cop makes a point of saying he is glad the guy is carrying. There are a number of tells. Credibility requires that we are able to trace to the source. Where did the clip come from? No YouTube link, no name, no online alias. Nothing.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Try different keywords , found while driving home

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Or maybe race relations just aren't as nasty as you like to think they are. Please pedal your race war BS elsewhere. We've all had enough of it here.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Humm.

24. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I'm game if you are:eek: