And so the international blowback against Trump begins.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Jun 2, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

For every action, there is generally some sort of reaction, even in the world of politics. As Trump spends his time and energy dissing former allies and dumping international agreements into the trash, former friends look elsewhere for alliances, and give up on making future agreements with the United States. From a WaPo article:

A day after President Trump pulled out of a key climate agreement, declaring he was fighting for “Pittsburgh, not Paris,” an international realignment was already taking shape on Friday, as European and Chinese officials signed a raft of agreements to bind themselves tightly together.
    “Today China and Europe have demonstrated solidarity with future generations and responsibility for the whole planet. We are convinced that yesterday’s decision by the United States to leave the Paris agreement is a big mistake,” European Council President Donald Tusk said Friday after meeting with Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang.
    “Nothing is renegotiable in the Paris Accords," Macron told Trump in a five-minute phone call after Trump pulled out of the agreement, according to an official briefed on the conversation. “The United States and France will continue to work together, but not on the subject of the climate,” he was described as telling Trump.​

And on NATO:

In a single Brussels meeting last week, Trump blasted European leaders for their handling of defense spending, called for terrorists to be “humiliated” and bragged behind closed doors that he had already done more to fight terrorism than President Obama did in four years.
    “We have just witnessed President Trump putting an end to European-American relations,” said François Heisbourg, a French defense expert who advised Macron during his campaign.

“By talking about NATO as a transactional alliance,” he said, “it’s very difficult to rebuild that kind of inbuilt trust.”​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ec59a9bf4b1_story.html?utm_term=.e077aa5b0981

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

3. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

I fail to see the problem here.

People will cease to discuss this issue in a few weeks when some other headline dominates the news, likely regarding some new "person of interest" in the Russia investigation that will likely never come to a conclusion. :D

--

In a completely separate note -- not talking about politics -- it's Friday! I hope all of you have a FANTASTIC weekend. Go out, have a beer, spend time with the family and/or husband/wife, and enjoy life. What a blessing it is to be here on God's green earth. See you guys and gals next week!

4. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Um, that we are rapidly losing any goodwill across the entire rest of the planet? I would imagine there are some downsides to that.

Yeah, good luck with that. I kinda get the feeling that, unlike the abstract "maybe something happened" of the Russia thing, the concrete decision to turn America into the enemy of the entire world is going to have legs.

Yes indeed! "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die."

5. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

If Trump were to enter a beauty pageant, he would be crowned Miss Interpretation.

Why is Trump going against the Paris Agreement? To prove he supports minorities.

They should change the name of the Paris Agreement to Weekend Golfing Trip - Trump would never pull out of that.

... don't forget to tip your waitress, I'll be here all week.

6. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

about 30 threads on why it was a scam............... I tip IF the service is good .

7. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Unfortunately, the USA is felicia in this case.

8. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

even better :D the less they support us the harder it is to go out and wage endless wars abroad, THANK TRUMP :D

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Jesus that was a quick reply.

10. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I am pretty fast, wife calls me the minute man

[​IMG]

oh,,,,,,,,,,,wait

[​IMG]

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Wouldn't really call this blowback, if they ended trade that would be blowback.

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Wait... that's what she calls me.....

Too much?

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Explain how it was a scam

14. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

did already in a few of the gazillion threads on it
    Renzs calls you?? how DARE HE :mad:

15. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Goodwill based on what they can get from us or we probide them at our expense. That kind of goodwill we can do without.

16. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I wish his father did.

17. darksithpro macrumors regular

I don't think It's fair to stick with a pledge that uses tax payer dollars to help fund lesser developed nations to eventually go green. At the very least Congress should have voted on this. Why didn't Obama send this to the Senate?

18. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

cause the community organizer did not know that is how it works?

19. Zenithal macrumors 68040

India would probably have rejected the money. Like they have with any money or other forms of aid we've tried sending them in the past or what the British have tried. I suspect their hatred of foreign aid by these two countries is cemented in a deep hatred for what happened in the past, and in America's case, supporting Pakistan. That said, India was the largest arms purchaser in the world for four years losing to the terrorist-funding Saudi's last year, aside from being a top five purchaser for years prior to this.

For the current economic drain India is in affecting most of its citizens, they sure have spunk. How many countries tell the US and UK to toss off so regularly?

20. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

If there is anything I am pretty sure the entire world can agree on, it is that the planet would be a better place if Trump had ended up as a white stain on the side of Mary Anne's leg.

21. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I was going for orphanage or leaving his mother, but that Clintonesque maneuver works too.

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

How do you feel about spending hundreds of billions of dollars to repair the damage from rising sea levels? From droughts and wildfires? From ruined crops? From more-frequent, more-destructive hurricanes?

Just so some gap-toothed hillbillies can dream about getting the same lousy job that killed their grandpa, in a coal mine that closed thirty years ago.

23. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

These things don't bother us.

24. darksithpro macrumors regular

You make it sound like we're going to have Environmental Armageddon, because Trump pulled out.:eek:

25. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

and if we stayed in the PA it would prevent all of that? :rolleyes: