And the first Dem in is:

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
It's a complete non-starter. He voted for Trump in 2016.

(And, for the record, the first Dem in was my current (and very soon to be former) Congressman, John Delaney, who's been running for at least a year now. I was thrilled when he decided to run, because it means we will actually get a progressive representative now, instead of one of the most conservative Democrats in Congress.)

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
There are at least 113 Democrats who registered with the FEC to run for President in 2020. I also count 55 Republicans, which, together with the Democrats, account for less than half the list.
The bold brings up a major question.

We know that we go back to Hayes for when the last time a POTUS candidate challenged the sitting POTUS with both of them being from the same party, but I can't recall seeing that many people from the same party as the POTUS filed to run against the incumbent.

Anyone have the numbers on when the last time that many or more than one from the same party as the POTUS ran against the POTUS?

BL.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
There are at least 113 Democrats who registered with the FEC to run for President in 2020. I also count 55 Republicans, which, together with the Democrats, account for less than half the list.
Interesting.

A few observations:

• There's a party called the Commandments Party? :rolleyes:

• "Bub Bubbington"? Really? Must be related somehow to Boaty McBoatface.

• Y'know, somehow I just can't believe Sexy Vegan is serious about this, either.

• Anyone whose last name is Swindle isn't going to get very far.

• Joshua Usera and Korrena Usera are both running? Against each other? Assuming they're husband and wife, how did Hollywood ever miss this as a rom-com idea?

• And I'm sorry, I just can't see us ever having a President Feret.