... and then I got myself an Apple Watch serie 3 (no LTE)

rmeulen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
The Netherlands
Having used the TomTom watch for somewhat a year I decided to opt-in for the Apple Watch.
I have some questions for people familiar with Apple Watch to guide me to the best user experience.

My main sport and purpose for the watch is bootcamp. This means running and exercising for approximately one hour.

I would like to record the following information with the watch:
  • A map with the track done during this hour
  • The amount of KMs the track was for this bootcamp lesson
  • The duration of the lessomn
  • An overview of the heart-rate and recovery figures
  • Possibilities to view results both on iPhone, iPad and/or Mac
Using the standard workout app I could choose the HIIT training option but that does not provide me sufficient information and cannot be adapted to add metrics I need.

Can you advise in which way I could benefit best from the apple watch to achieve the above requirements?

Thanks for your feedback.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68010
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Having used the TomTom watch for somewhat a year I decided to opt-in for the Apple Watch.
I have some questions for people familiar with Apple Watch to guide me to the best user experience.

My main sport and purpose for the watch is bootcamp. This means running and exercising for approximately one hour.

Using the standard workout app I could choose the HIIT training option but that does not provide me sufficient information and cannot be adapted to add metrics I need.

Can you advise in which way I could benefit best from the apple watch to achieve the above requirements?

Might get more replies if your topic title was more reflected on what the question is....

Reactions: AppleKarma

xDKP

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark

Instead of HIIT isn't a running workout better suited? Gives you map, km's, duration, speed and all the heart-rate information.

Even better - if you run as part of the workout the build in app now offers an option to go for a run and at the end start new workout type from within the same session (could be HIIT or "other") to get even more precise metrics (not screw up your run speed by making push ups after the workout for example.)

rmeulen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
The Netherlands
Instead of HIIT isn't a running workout better suited? Gives you map, km's, duration, speed and all the heart-rate information.

Even better - if you run as part of the workout the build in app now offers an option to go for a run and at the end start new workout type from within the same session (could be HIIT or "other") to get even more precise metrics (not screw up your run speed by making push ups after the workout for example.)
Thats what i am using now. Seems ok for the moment. Lets see if i ‘run’ into an even better solution in the future.

Reactions: xDKP