And Then There Was One (Kasich Drops Out)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Kasich out.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich will suspend his presidential campaign on Wednesday, senior campaign advisers tell NBC News.

Kasich cancelled a press conference in Virginia earlier in the day and announced he would make a statement in Columbus, Ohio, Wednesday afternoon.

The decision comes one day after Kasich finished a distant third in the Indiana primary. Top campaign aides had vowed that the governor would stay in the race, even after Ted Cruz, who formed an informal alliance with Kasich, suspended his campaign.

Kasich will end his run with just one primary victory, which came in his home state of Ohio. He remained in the race long after he was mathematically eliminated from clinching the GOP nomination, arguing that no candidate will earn a majority of the delegates ahead of the convention in Cleveland, Ohio, this summer.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/john-kasich-suspend-presidential-campaign-n567901

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
The only reason people would support big is if they don't believe in anything that the candidate says and just want to watch the country burn.
There are a surprising number of people who support either Trump or Sanders, and hold the other as their second choice. I hear about it over and over in the radio and read about it over and over again in print.

In other forums I've asked about this. Like you say, I too think these two candidates seem to be very opposite. But I learned that these people actually have their reasons. The most common answers were about ending endless war, implementing trade protectionism, or simply voting for an "outsider".

You could probably count that third one as watching the country burn, but the first two are real issues that I had not considered, mostly because I thought those people were idiots, which was unfair on my part.

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Why would you even post such an idiotic statement like that?
Because we'd expect the same answer from you, verbatim, if he wrote "Clinton/Trump". The primary race isn't over yet.
[doublepost=1462399542][/doublepost]
That is rediculous, and they are polar opposites. The only reason people would support big is if they don't believe in anything that the candidate says and just want to watch the country burn.
What's ridiculous is the quantity of articles going back decades about how he's supported Democrats more, even said he was more like a Democrat, and all the conspiracy theories being bandied about. Who needs Clinton when Trump himself is bound to be easily grillable when it comes to all of that, and from his own party.

Still, bread and circuses - yum?
[doublepost=1462399599][/doublepost]
There are a surprising number of people who support either Trump or Sanders, and hold the other as their second choice. I hear about it over and over in the radio and read about it over and over again in print.

In other forums I've asked about this. Like you say, I too think these two candidates seem to be very opposite. But I learned that these people actually have their reasons. The most common answers were about ending endless war, implementing trade protectionism, or simply voting for an "outsider".

You could probably count that third one as watching the country burn, but the first two are real issues that I had not considered, mostly because I thought those people were idiots, which was unfair on my part.
Didn't know the country wasn't burning or hasn't for the last 35+ years, how far should we go back and how come nobody wants to talk about moving forward with actual compromise and ethics and everything else?

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012

to the horror of the neo liberals Sanders and Trump do have the same trade protection /anti TPP policies, and anti-establishment, anti war policies. The not so free college and healthcare are the differences.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
to the horror of the neo liberals Sanders and Trump do have the same trade protection /anti TPP policies, and anti-establishment, anti war policies. The not so free college and healthcare are the differences.
Yes. And a lot of people are one-issue voters.

Reactions: thewap