And then there were two. Romney v. Paul

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, May 2, 2012.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Or, as everyone on the news likes to say, the race is over.

Ron Paul? Mr. Ron Paul? Mr. Paul? Hello?

2. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

This is why Gingrich didn't have a chance, and Paul is an afterthought.

Grinch ends his campaign and doesn't even get a comment. Paul, who cares. The leader of the Republican party, and standard bearer for the conservatives is a guy who beat the weakest field of candidates I have ever witnessed by outspending them 5, maybe 10 to 1.

Y'all should be proud.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

At least Paul made it clear what he stood for and campaigned on that. Im still confused what the hell Romney stands for. Depends on the day of the week and how much money is going into his pocket I guess.

Obama please.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

States rights being a biggie as I recall.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It seems to me that this is to restrict federal money from going to elective abortions, I don't personally believe that the tax payers should be on the hook for this, although I don't have any moral qualms with abortions themselves. You can be pro-choice and not want federal money to fund them at the same time.

6. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I believe Ms. Rachel did a story on how the H. Ron Pawl people were working the caucuses, hanging around after the voting to sign up to go to the state conventions. Their crafty dedication could leave a burr under Mr. Rmoney's saddle if it turns out there are more Pawl delegates than the current official totals show. I could imagine pressure being brought to bear to put a certain senator from KY on the underside of the ticket.

7. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

I will not even pretend to understand American politics or the presidential election system. I just hope and almost pray, that if there is a god of what ever persuasion he or she may be, that each contender takes the greasy slide into the cess pit of rejected candidates. And of course this observation is offered with my usual humility.

KGB:rolleyes:

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's okay..no one in American understands American politics or the presidential election system either. :D