And this is the guy tapped by Trump to advise him on the economy!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Lloydbm41, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

2. Zenithal macrumors 604

He's a former drug addict. The stress might encourage him to go back to his past.

3. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

Why is DJT hiring drug people??? I thought he wanted to execute them? (Or was that just pandering to his simpleton base?)

4. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

Well, quality standard ain't that high with this administration.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Dubya was a drug person too.

6. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

The guy has been wrong since the last time he advised a prez, which prez was Ronnie TrickleDown Reagan.

But that's not what will do him in. You can obviously be wrong on pollicy and work for Trump. What will finish Kudlow off is the fact that Trump has now imported another reality TV host into his playpen. Methinks there's only room for one. I mean how long did the Mooch last, and do we think that was only because of his vulgarity? If there's one thing Kudlow has as much of back home as Trump does, it's gotta be press clippings.

I give Kudlow maybe three months. Gone before the elections anyway. The Don will fire him and Larry will then go back to TV somewhere and fix Trump's wagon. I'm going to look for a sale on popcorn.

7. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Yeah former coke addict, supply-side "Regan-omics" lover who infamously (and repeatedly) predicted there would be no recession in 2008. His degree is in history BTW though his work experience seems to make up for that.

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Yet he systematically seems to get predictions wrong. Even more so than trained economists.

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

See that training does improve our accuracy.... :D :D :D :p

10. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

#45 needs positive news badly.
    Who better then one who see manure in rose colored glasses?

11. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Why can't he just keep tuning into Fox then, and spare the rest of us who, if we think about it, would possibly prefer an econ advisor with a track record a little more attractive than that of Kudzu Kudlow.

12. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

So Vanity Fair has a piece now with assorted interesting bits, including that Trump has apparently told both Kudlow and Bolton that they don't have to go through Kelly to talk to him... so we're sliding back to the wild wild west before Kelly's time when more west wingers figured they all reported direct to Trump and could just buttonhole him if they saw him in the hall?

Even more interesting in that VF piece is this excerpt which I think supports my earlier stated theory that Kudlow a) misses the media spotlight and b) may not last long.

Reading between the lines there, Kudlow's real concern is not about John Kelly not knowing much about "the economy". It's about being headed off at the pass by Kelly (so far) when Kudlow figured reporting directly to Trump meant he could have his own little economic policy fiefdom and press operation to go with it, right inside the West Wing. LOL that would last until Trump saw the first clip of it on Fox News...

13. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

So he has a degree in hindsight.

That explains why 45 thinks he's experienced and a good pick.

14. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

You think Trump thought it through that much? I think it was more about Trump knowing Kudlow for quite awhile, the loyalty thing, and other people in the west wing knowing Kudlow from the campaign, which Larry worked on as well.. So... stuff like this:

and this:​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...28fdca-27a6-11e8-874b-d517e912f125_story.html

15. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I could see 45 being amazed by a guy who could make correct conclusions after something has happened.

"You say we come thru depressions & recessions? We can do that?"

"We win WW2?! So we've got to able to win a third one right?"