Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
This from an article at macuser.co.uk

_
Macintosh systems are as much as 36 per cent cheaper to own and maintain than Windows PCs, according to research by industry analyst Gartner.

I'm sure it won't come as much a surprise to a lot of you, but its always nice to see this sort of thing validated. The whole article can be found here

D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I may make a convert out of my friend!

I think the bottom line is people are either closed-minded just because they are Macs or they are apprehensive about making the switch because they don't know how the OS works...

In all honesty...I'm working heavily on converting a good friend of mine. I always give her sh*t for the trouble she seems to constantly encounter with her peecee...she returns it by giving it back to me with my Mac. However, I've explained a bit about OS X and the benefits one gets from it (like no crashes, memory management, etc.) and she's starting to get curious...

she requested that I bring my TiBook over next time I see her because she wants me to show her how it works since she's heard such good things about it...he he he ;)

Grokgod

macrumors 6502a
Fantastic

Go onward valiant Eye!
Convert or destroy, uhh I mean yea, convert the heathen.

uhhh i mean yea that really nice! show her the Ti that will sway her.

What kind fo work does she do on a computer, >?
writing or art or what?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: I may make a convert out of my friend!

Originally posted by eyelikeart

In all honesty...I'm working heavily on converting a good friend of mine. I always give her sh*t for the trouble she seems to constantly encounter with her peecee...she returns it by giving it back to me with my Mac. However, I've explained a bit about OS X and the benefits one gets from it (like no crashes, memory management, etc.) and she's starting to get curious...

she requested that I bring my TiBook over next time I see her because she wants me to show her how it works since she's heard such good things about it...he he he ;)
Nice work! :D
I'm not having so much luck, whenever I start talking about my mac at work to my colleagues (all PC people, in a PC enviroment) I tend to get shouted at rather a lot, I just tell 'em they don't know what they're missing!
I love it when m$ screw up, like with the nimda virus they accidently sent, I wouldn't shut up about it all day 2day, hehehe :D
Perhaps they're slowly turning...maybe...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Last week I convinced two good friends to get macs. I'm thinking there are going to be a lot more macs out there in the next couple of years. One thing that really worked well for me was to go to the Apple Store and show them all the machines, it truly is a cool place.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: Fantastic

Originally posted by Grokgod

What kind fo work does she do on a computer, >?
writing or art or what?

he he he....she surfs the net....creates auctions...that's it! :rolleyes:

but when I started going into detail about how stable OS X is...she got curious because her Winblows is always f***ed up...

I'll see what I can do on it though...he he he ;)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: Re: Fantastic

Originally posted by eyelikeart

he he he....she surfs the net....creates auctions...that's it! :rolleyes:

but when I started going into detail about how stable OS X is...she got curious because her Winblows is always f***ed up...

I'll see what I can do on it though...he he he ;)
Sounds like she could do with a nice tidy little iBook ;) ;)
They are such great little machines.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: Re: Re: Fantastic

Originally posted by verbose101

Sounds like she could do with a nice tidy little iBook ;) ;)
They are such great little machines.

any Mac would be better than what she has any day...

I'm so tired of hearing how her sound card doesn't work...:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.