Anderson Cooper and KellyAnn Conway Go At It Hardcore

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jan 11, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Truly a fascinating watch. She's relentless and Anderson won't let her get away with any lies.

Go grab some popcorn!

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Popcorn is non filling & racist try some carne asada nachos :D

3. SusanK macrumors 68000

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Ok I know you are joking. But huh? Popcorn is hella filling!!! And racist? Don't get that one..:::confused:

5. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Very interesting exchange. Too bad CNN sent a great, well respected journalist like Cooper to defend the indefensible.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I don't know. I'm on the fence re: CNN. Buzzfeed is no issue. That was wrong.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

They should've been more careful. I don't think they wanted to publish fake news to just to damage Trump, but they were too naive in their search for scoops. CNN rushed too soon.

As for me, as soon as I saw that paragraph on the famous golden showers I realized that it was fake.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

CNN didn't publish any details. Did watch the clips? CNN's report was about the report / briefing - it was not about the contents specifically. They never linked to Buzzfeed either. That's the reason Anderson was so vigilant against KA and her/Trump linking them together. Buzzfeed jumped off of CNNs report and decided they would piggyback the story and release the document. CNN isn't responsible for what Buzzfeed does.

9. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Trump branded enema coming soon. For the really hard to reach lies that lay deep within a deplorable.

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

You can twist it as you want (by you I don't mean you specifically, it's a generalization), but when I checked cnn yesterday it was clear that they were linking to the Buzzfeed story, and that they were reporting the same thing with just a different dressing. Even the font they used was big enough to warrant the 'this is very serious' reaction (at least on iOS).The fact that they remained vague on the particulars doesn't change the fact that they pushed a story that wasn't true.
    Again, I don't think that CNN went to hunt Trump, but in their eagerness of talking trash about him they rushed, and made a huge blunder. It happens, it's not the end of the world.

11. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

CNN didn't publish the 35 page dump (not calling that a report). CNN didn't publish any fake news. CNN did report that a 2 page summary was given to Trump during a classified briefing.

The 35 page dump has being circulating for months. The minute a summary was given to Trump it became newsworthy.

I don't agree with Buzzfeed's decision to publish this document, but we are now in a world where truthful news doesn't matter anymore.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Mmm... . Popcorn Factory S'Mores... addictive

I think the racist thing is.. let's see.. cultural appropriation of indigenous foodstuff for trivial purposes?

Or he could have just been riffing, as I am. The nachos do sound pretty good though. :D

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

How could any reputable journalist believe that the document was true escapes my understanding.

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I like how all of a sudden the amount of days between press conferences is important to CNN.

15. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Sort of the reason I call this karma kicking him in the face. Throughout the campaign he tweeted fake news or linked to it. But the biggest thing was the birther movement crap. It's hypocritical for him to cry about trying to be delegitimized when he spent 8 years doing that to Obama. It's why that although I value integrity in the media, I can give this one a mental pass.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017 ---
    CNN did not report on the veracity of the document - only that it existed. As far as I can tell.

I like how all of the sudden the right doesn't think time between press conferences is a big deal. Seemed to be when it was Hillary. And she wasn't even elected. Then Trump is elected and goes over 160 days without one (after several cancelled ones) and you're OK with that? Why?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017 ---
    From their twitter - posting as an FYI. C16D-Q6WQAA68Tx.jpg

16. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

You're imagining this. No other way to say it. CNN repeatedly stated that the memo dump (Cooper didn't even like calling it a report) was unsubstantiated. The only news that CNN reported was that Trump was given a 2 page summary of the memo dump.

McCain found the memos worthy enough to send it to the FBI. How can any reputable Senator believe that the document was true should not escape your understanding.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Its pretty clear that they linked out to Buzzfeed because thats what they did:

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/819337633897791488

Kellyanne posted a screenshot of cnn.com linking out to the buzzfeed story before CNN got the chance to wipe it out.

Anderson Cooper straight up lied in this interview.

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Facts are hard. AC didn't lie. Did you listen to AC, he said exactly what it linked to. And this is it

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/10/media/buzzfeed-trump-report/

19. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

McCain is a politician, he (often) does what he seems fit to do for his own purposes. And honestly, it's not up to him to decide; I can see the dilemma and he went for the safe path, and also covered his ass in case - just in case - the document was true. That's why he never mentioned it.
    As for us, no government document will ever contain the word "perversion" in that context, a serious allegation and a physiological evaluation especially for something that is completely legal. If the document said "sexual preferences" (or "alleged sexual preferences"; at most, but I don't see it they could've used "disorder"), I could understand.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

They are reinforcing a story by a crackpot news organization with no substantiated claims. This would be like if Fox News had a story on their website referencing a story about Obama being a member of ISIS from KKKlovers.com

21. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

kellyanne conway is the worst thing ever made by a human

22. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

KA straight up lied and you bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Did you bother to click on the link? CNN linked to a story describing what Buzzfeed did and did not link directly to Buzzfeed. Go ahead and click on the link. I remember reading this yesterday as it was happening. Reading, it's fundamental to the 52% of us that actually read!

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

See my above post.

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Ah, I laughed at the 52% comment. Well played, that was good.

25. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You know it's hypocritical for members of the right on this board to suggest others believe everything they read and then post so irresponsibly themselves. Backpeddle all you want. Or move the goalpost. Pick your expression. You analogy is horrible and irrelevant.

It's ok - you can admit you were wrong. I have in the past. CNN didn't link out to buzzfeed. And AC did not lie.