Anderson Cooper to Trump Mngr: If Settlement Implies Guilt, Doesn't That Make Trump Guilty?[VIDEO]

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by APlotdevice, Oct 11, 2016.

1. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

She probably should have thought that argument through a little better.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

She must have thought she was on Fox News.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow...she got destroyed. Couldn't even answer the question. I am totally fine with saying that Clinton is guilty because he settled, why can't she admit the same thing? Trump is guilty of racial discrimination in housing because he settled! Trump is guilty in every contractors dispute that he settled. The logic can't work in just one direction. Either settlement represents guilt for all or it doesn't for anyone.

4. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I think this issue has been completely been spun out of control. We're not voting on the issue of Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton via Bill Clinton's sexual comments/indiscretions.

No, a settlement does not imply guilt and this women's argument sounds stupid- then again the video conveniently is cut off to understand how she justifies her comments which I loathe.

There is however the topic that Clinton did admit to multiple sexual indescrestions including Monica Lewinski and Gennifer Flowers, with many other accusations. While his actions have little to do with Hillary's campaign, Hillary's brutal remarks to these women I think cannot be overlooked considering her comments towards Trump.

Trump has his own issues with relationships and comments. It's probably one can of worms that his entire property collection could not contain. And one that none of us probably have the stomach to handle.

So in summation, per usual I'm not a fan of either of our characters here. I suspect Hillary's not nearly as bad as Trump in the topic at hand, but I wish our country could find some more respectable people. I don't think we should have to settle for a lesser evil, so to speak.

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Why does she put herself through that? No amount of money is worth this, she's gotten plenty already and can afford to pack it in, she's lost nearly all her dignity already.

6. APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

There is a longer version at the bottom of this page. She never answered his question.

I'd rather not settle for a lesser evil either. Though unfortunately Trump not only a horrible human being, but also utterly incompetent. :/

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

CNN pays well.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This point keeps coming up, but whenever I've looked into it, there isn't much there ... certainly not what I'd label as "brutal."

But I'm open to evidence. If you're up for it, give me an example of what you consider a brutal remark.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Poor Kellyanne. After trying to foist Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin on the good people of Missouri, she is now trying to polish the turd that is Donald Trump. She must wake up every morning with a sinking feeling in her stomach. SHe used to be a sane Republican; what the hell happened?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    Campaign surrogates do not get paid when appearing on network or cable news. Cable networks do retain Republican and Democratic strategists on their payroll.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I keep asking that, too. I've mentioned it in a few threads. I've tweeted to news networks asking where the proof is. There is nothing. As far as I know, Hillary behaved much better than most wives would upon finding out their husbands had cheated on them.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I should really look into it more. So far I've found a campaign staff member (not HRC) who used the term, "bimbo eruptions," and a 2010 email from HRC to a friend that used the term "looney tunes," to describe Monica Lewinsky. I do believe there are more quotes re: Paula Jones and Bill's earlier trysts, but I haven't yet confirmed it. Anyone providing credible sources is appreciated.

But so far, the quotes fall far short of what I consider to be "brutal remarks."

13. nfl46 macrumors 604

Ouch! Lol. She can usually talk her way out of situations, but he definitely got her.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    She's a pollster. She knows DAMN well Trump is going to lose badly! Hell, new polls out today have him down NINE (9) points in Ohio and early voting starts RIGHT NOW; on top of that, he's tied in UTAH!

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Like many of the so-called scandals, if you repeat it often enough, it becomes the truth. Just look at the tripe from Wikileaks they tried to turn into scandals.

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This from NYTimes ...
    More ...
    And the kicker ...

16. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

So, what we have is, people said, possibly with Hillary Clinton's tacit assent, mean things about Gennifer Flowers, a woman who had a long consensual affair with her husband. Wow.