Andrew McCain and the 11th Bank Failure

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sun Baked, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Nevada bank fails, becomes 11th bank takeover of year

Hmm... people were having a field day in the press trying to figure out if McCain jumped from a sinking ship for "personal reasons."

Director at Choice Bank from 2006 - April 2008, and the to the Board of both after the merger, with an abrupt exit from the board at the end of July for the personal reasons.

Sort of wonder how McCain newest close ties to a failed bank will shake out.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hmm... it appears poor judgement runs in the family then.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

As it does in Sarah Palin's. But ya know, we can't comment on family members or anything. :rolleyes: That's just mean.

4. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Andrew is not running, John is.

And there is plenty of firepower for the dems against John. The very lackluster GOP election has just handed over a couple more states to the democrats. www.electoral-vote.com has been good in tracking all the progress. Obama 301, McCain 224, Sept. 6, 2008.

The democratic convention gave only a tiny boost for the democrats, choosing Palin was a huge drop for the GOP, and the convention was yet another drop for the GOP, but not as bad. McCain, if he has any chance at all, will have to wipe out Obama during the debates and somehow, I don't think this is going to happen.

McCain's only chance for even an electoral tie back then was to pick either Huckabee or Romney, but he passed on the obvious choices.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Palin was a huge mistake. I'm kind of loving it, to be honest. It just makes me sad that any presidential nominee would think she was a good choice in the first place.