Android 52% faster, speeds past iPhone on 84% of sites

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by profets, Mar 17, 2011.

1. profets macrumors 68040

Android 52% faster, speeds past iPhone on 84% of sites

Seems like a straight forward way to test these two browsers.. But I'm pretty surprised. I use a Nexus S day to day (pretty fast phone) but in no way seems close to the speed of an iPhone 4.

Anyone else with both Android & iOS experience?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Sounds like another analysis with numbers no one will care about to be honest.

3. mltaylor macrumors regular

I had a Droid X for a while and I still use my iPhone 4 for work. The Droid X was a pleasure to browse the internet but I rarely go to sites on my phones.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

iPhone browser is responsive while still loading. Android browser is laggy during and after loading. Which is better? :rolleyes:

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

android is not quicker, but Safari is sluggish on webpages on iPhone and iPad 1

imo both are slow

6. macinnv macrumors regular

Android user here. I have to say web browsing is faster from my own informal tests with my iPhone friends. However, I think its more the network speed more than anything. T-Mobile's network is fast where I am and I get speeds 2x faster than ATT. I have a Nexus S and a G2. BUT the iPhones browser experience is far better. Clearer display and better scrolling are just as important, if not more, than how fast the page loads.

7. profets thread starter macrumors 68040

I guess when you get down to it the sites these guys tested resulted in a difference of 1 second. But honestly I use a Nexus S day to day.. the one thing I use less on it compared to my iPhone 4 is the browser. Definitely doesn't seem to load pages any faster.. if anything feels slower, less responsive when loading pages or scrolling, etc.

8. climber20 macrumors member

I have both a Droid Incredible and iPhone- both on Verizon. On 3G, the android browser does load faster most of the time in my experience, but I still prefer using the iPhone. Despite a slightly faster speed, the scrolling on the android is kinda janky, and the zoom doesn't always work properly (I'll zoom in on one area of the screen, and the browser jerks away to a different area).

On Wifi, the speeds are pretty close on both phones.

9. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Didn't we just find out that the sped up Safari doesn't work with web apps?

Try again.