Androids Suck. I'm switching to an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GemmyRedd, Sep 6, 2012.

1. GemmyRedd macrumors newbie

Hello all. I'm new and in great need of a new phone. Long story short, I am a long time android user and I seriously cannot stand them. My first android was an Htc Evo 4G by Sprint. It was a pretty nice phone the first few months I had it, then after awhile, it started having a number of problems. My second android was an Htc Evo 3D and this phone was a million times worse. It was literally brand new out of the box and the same day I had it, it started resetting on it's own at least 8 minutes. I am now back to using another Htc Evo 4G but this one has to be the worst of all 3. This thing literally freezes like every time I use it, it resets on its own, and sometimes it presses buttons on the screen on its own for like 5 minutes until it stops. Not to mention, all 3 of them had a ****** battery life and I would have to download battery saver apps to save my battery and even those didn't help much. Its really annoying and I'm thrilled Sprint has the iPhone. I'm really considering getting the iPhone 5. Apples products have never disappointed me so I'm sure I'll love the iPhone.

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Dude, you're complaining about a phone that's as old (older?) than the iPhone 3GS. Calm down.

Try a Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy SIII, or maybe an HTC One X. This post reeks of outdated bias.

3. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

I agree androids can be good but the ios is a little more polished shall we say.. Which is why it does not have as many features

4. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

5. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

well you can't really blame the guy for that can you? He did spend a good amount of money trying out several android phones and you are gonna tell him to get another one because it's 'supposedly' a lot better now? :rolleyes:

----------

If you don't like it, just ignore it. :rolleyes:

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

U won't be disappointed. In fact, you'll wish u switched sooner.

7. MACis122 macrumors regular

did you ever think its an htc related problem as all the phones you used were of that brand

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I am currently using a Nexus S 4G with Jelly Bean. His bias might be outdated, but it's not wrong. I have a hard time finding the right word, but Android just doesn't seem to be "resilient", or lasting. It's great at first, but like the old days of Microsoft, it doesn't age well.

Agreed. I also gave Android several attempts, after trying webOS and WP7. I am planning to get the next iphone (or a discounted 4s if the new one isn't impressive), or a WP8 if Sprint decides to carry one of the new Nokias.

9. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I too have gave android several attempts and just couldn't get use to the platform. iOS is more polished and every time I would switch back to my iPhone I could just tell a difference.

10. Goldinboy17, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

The OP's only experience with Android is from the EVO lineup; a lineup that's been plagued with problems. I currently own an HTC One and I have no qualms saying it's far better than the current iPhone. I previously owned the HTC Amaze, another phone that came out after the latest iPhone but still failed to deliver. The OP didn't test out "several" Android phones. He's owned two separate models that couldn't be more alike. All of the Android phones from the past year have included outstanding specs. but the true bottleneck in performance was instilled by the Android OS itself. Ice Cream Sandwich definitely alleviated plenty of those problems and it's given all of my Android phones new life. I've owned all of the past iPhones, sometimes waiting in line the night before opening to get my hands on one. I've already committed myself to purchasing the new iPhone that will be announced; something I'm especially eager to do as I recently dropped my One, shattering the screen.

11. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I had a brief stint with the Galaxy S3. Yeah, iOS is just way more polished. It's just better. If you jailbreak, it's the best of both worlds. There are only a handful of tweaks that make it worth it to me, but without them I wouldn't be as happy with iOS.

12. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

^ I agree ^ I have been using a galaxy nexus until new iphone and its cool in some aspects, but others bug the crap out of me

13. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Android products I've owned

HTC Hero
    Nexus S 4G
    HTC Evo
    Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Galaxy S II (AT&T)
    Unlocked Galaxy Nexus (briefly, like 24 hours)
    Asus Transformer TF101

Every phone was purchased under the auspice of "things getting better".

The only thing I really learned is I should have gotten an iPhone sooner and not wasted my time, energy or money on android, which is just not very good software

I have an iPhone 4S now, and I have no plans on ever buying android again. I've learned my lesson and wont be burned again. If Apple was not an option I'd get a Windows Phone 8 device by Nokia probably.

14. nizmoz macrumors 65816

I had the s3 and now back to an iPhone 4s. Much better phone.

15. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Not everyone has the capacity to be open minded, learn a new OS, and _then_ decide.

Then there are those that boost their ego by bashing things.

Me? I find both my iOS & Android phones quite nice. I have no desire to limit myself to a single platform.

16. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

[​IMG] I cant stop laughing at you. Why oh WHY would you keep buying the same Evo phone over and over again when i gave you so many issues? Everybody knows the EVO has crap for battery life so WTH were you expecting the next time going with 3D? And the next time? And the next time?...LMAO.

You cant make this stuff up man :D

17. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

Damn dude! The baddest phone on the planet right now is an android!! Maybe it's the user! Just saying! Look at the numbers, they don't lie! And a phone that's up to date! Jesus my razor flip is acting up gain!!! Motorolas suck!! Common dude!

18. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Lol I agree. Some people need to start blogs instead of starting threads on MR

19. matttye macrumors 601

From what I can see he has only tried out HTC Android phones.

To say that Android phones suck is like saying that all cars suck because you've had a few bad Audis, or that all PCs suck because you've had a few bad HPs.

You get the picture :p

20. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Jelly bean is the polish your looking for. Project Butter!

21. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I was until I got your quote notification. :p

22. Surrylic macrumors regular

You may just need to try out a newer Android phone sir, but at the same time I'll give you my story... I got tired of being so locked down and being unable to customize my iPhone, and it's small screen size, so in Feb. this year I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note. It's a great phone for sure, but it's no iPhone. Since I'm not locked into any contracts I'm probably switching back sometime shortly after the iPhone 5 (or whatever) is released. Another down side is that their resale value is nowhere near what an iPhone's is.

23. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

You just got faulty handsets from a lineup known to be bad, that's no reflection on the OS. I have an HTC Sensation running CyanogenMod 9 and it's a bit buggy (because it's a custom ROM that's still in development) but overall I think it's better than my iPhone by far.

The new iPhone will have to be pretty good to sway me from Android properly TBH.

----------

All operating systems suck!

P.S. I've only used Windows 95 and Windows ME.