Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

angela-ahrendts.jpg
Apple updated its leadership page this weekend to reflect a minor change to Angela Ahrendts' title, which has been simplified to "Senior Vice President, Retail" as "Online Stores" has been dropped.

Ahrendts remains responsible for "strategy, real estate and development, and operations" of both Apple's physical stores and online storefront, according to her slightly updated bio.
Angela Ahrendts is Apple’s Senior Vice President of Retail, reporting to CEO Tim Cook. Angela is responsible for strategy, real estate & development, and operations of Apple’s physical stores, Apple’s online store and contact centers.

Since joining Apple in 2014, Angela has integrated Apple’s physical and digital retail businesses to create a seamless customer experience for over a billion visitors per year with the goal of educating, inspiring, entertaining and enriching communities. Apple employees set the standard for customer service in stores and online, delivering support from highly trained Geniuses and expert advice from Creative Pros to help customers get the most out of their Apple products.
The title change is likely in line with Apple's simplified retail branding, including dropping the "Store" moniker when referring to its retail locations by name. Apple has also been attempting to converge its physical and online retail experiences over the past few years, and Ahrendts' new title reflects those efforts.

Article Link: Angela Ahrendts is Now Simply Senior Vice President of Retail as Apple Drops 'Online Stores' From Her Title

Last edited:
Reactions: countryside

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
No, I read it. I'm also well-versed in corporate doublespeak.
Except there's been no "doublespeak" or even "speak." This was a quiet change to her title with no one taking over the "Online Stores" bit.

Further, if you can't see the convergence of their physical and online sales operations over the past couple of years, I'm not sure I can help you.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Awaiting the flood of hateful sexist male fanboy comments...

Fyi she's quite accomplished but will be belittled by males regardless of her accomplishments . Like it or not the tone is different if it were a male in the same role.
To me it's not even worthy of a mention because equality matters to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Apple literally got one if not the worst online store i have to use. Takes forever to find what you are looking for and if you change your mind and feel like looking up something else it takes just as long to simply go back. worst of all when it comes to anything Apple Watch or add-ons

the combination of product page and store is an abomination

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.