Angus T Jones commits career suicide

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mentaluproar, Nov 26, 2012.

1. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Newly Religious ‘Two And A Half Men’ Star Angus T. Jones Says His Show Is ‘Filling Your Head With Filth’

Now that Chevy Chase’s gone and left Community, it’s up to Angus T. Jones, who’s played half-man Jake Harper on Two and a Half Men since 2003, to fill the role of TV’s most self-destructive, self-hating sitcom star. He’s doing a damn fine job of it, too: the born-again Jones appeared in a video for a bizarre pseudo-religion called Forerunner Chronicles (more on that later), criticizing the CBS sitcom for “filling your head with filth.”

Well, he’s not wrong there…but then things get *MEN*.

Via Screen Crush:

If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men. I’m on Two and a Half Men, and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch.

It’s bad news…a lot of people don’t like to think about how deceptive the enemy is. He’s been doing this a long longer than any of us have been around. There’s no playing around when it comes to eternity.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/11/ne...ays-his-show-is-filling-your-head-with-filth/
    ------------

I never liked Two and A Half Men, but the reason behind not watching it is just...bizarre. Summary: I'm a born again cultist, you're all going to hell.

Since I take all rich, bigoted, 19 year-old born-agains with a loosing grasp on mental stability seriously, I'm pretty upset about this. (sarcasm)

People are referring to this kid as the next Kick Cameron, but there's something more Tom Cruise about this him. $100 says he'll be jumping on Opera's couch, exclaiming he's heterosexual (like that's an accomplishment) inside a year.

On a completely unrelated note, looking at IMDB shows this kid won't likely have any future in hollywood.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

In fairness to the lad, I'm in agreement with him on one of his points...

You can't fault him on that bit at least.

3. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I wonder if he actually believes this stuff, if he has been taken in by a cult in the typical fashion (preying on the intellectually weak and the mentally ill), or if this is a result of growing up in that environment.

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

This kid makes it oh so easy. :D

Just proof that money doesn't equal intelligence.

5. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Nope.

He'll be fine. This is tinsel town you're talking about where multiple rehabs are just a temporary setback.

Now if Angus had ranted about "ze jews" that would be career suicide.

6. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

There is typically an inverse correlation.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The only thing that would have made Mr. Jones' little diatribe would have been if he ended it with the word, winning.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

He hates the show but he's the first one in line when the bank opens in the morning cashing his royalty checks from reruns and DVD sales.

9. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

This comment =Winn--Err, succeeding?

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I never have either.

The show always struck me as crass and stupid.

But on the other hand, I am a fan of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a program that raises crassness and stupidity to levels well beyond anything Two and A Half Men can muster.

Go figure.

11. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I don't like Big Bang theory either. Both shows have boring characters in boring scenarios.

Then again, I still laugh at Rick and Steve.

12. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

13. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

What is the show about? I've never seen it since I don't watch TV, so I have what's so bad about this show? Is one of them gay or something?

He's 19, and been on the show for how long? Some of the commenters on EW are saying that maybe he didn't have a choice because of the family (parents?). But once he turn 18 he could have quit then since he would be consider an adult, and not renew his contract. Give all the money he earned to the church or charity. :/

Now I think his career is over for the most part (then again I could be wrong), if he thinks this show is the work of Satan. He will feel about 90% of the movies and TV shows. :/

Hugh

14. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Generally it is a show filled with penis jokes, constant drinking, and general whoring around.

I applaud the kid for taking an unpopular stand based on his beliefs. Quitting the show would have been a little more appropriate, IMO.

15. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

Just what we need another idiot like Kirk Cameron.

16. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I never watched a single episode of the show but I don't have a problem with any actor saying that the show they're on is crap. It's actually quite refreshing, it's the reason I don't watch much TV anyway.

It's a nice contrast to other actors doing movies and TV shows that they know full well are awful but do them just to collect paycheck and then slink away.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The show died once Charlie left. I don't see it lasting much longer if the half of Two and a Half men leaves.

18. Scrub175 macrumors 6502

Scrub175

Kirk Cameron bounced back ok, if you like the left behind movies...

19. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

Agree or disagree with Cameron on his stances... that's fine.

How does that make him an idiot?

20. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

very bright, he ain't......

[​IMG]

21. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

Being a young earth creationist. You have to be a class a moron to be one of those in this day and age.

22. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

This sounds like a show I'd like, but it's actually really terrible. There's something about John Cryer I find completely unlikeable.

Eh, quitting a show because of your beliefs is one thing. Critiquing a show because of your beliefs while you continue to cash the checks is another.

People like the "Left Behind" movies? Except for a weird, ideological segment of the movie-going audience, I got the feeling these movies weren't all that popular.

The guy's arguments on evolution make him sound like one. Seriously, crocoduck?

23. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Agreed

24. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

No there isn't.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

He's 19 years-old.

He's formulating his beliefs and gaining confidence [hopefully] in his ability to make decisions based on his personal values.

If he continued to appear on the show and cash in for another 10 years I'd consider him a hypocrite.

But not at this point.