Anker Glaze Case for iPhone 5 with 2 in 1 Dual Case. Lowest price ever $3.99 FS

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by faiz23, Oct 27, 2012.

1. faiz23, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012

faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

I ordered one and will report back on the results but wanted to share with you guys as well. A great case for the price when you need that little bit of protection for the fragile i5

Ultra slim Anker case cover + rim for iPhone 5 for $3.99, 80% OFF, w/ FS @ Amazon. This case went down to lowest $3.99 today (it used to be $19.99), 80% OFF. Previous best on slickdeals was $6.99 and did not last long. Hurry up and buy before Amazon decides to jack up the price or the slick deals effect makes it out of stock. CHEAP, EFFECTIVE and quality protection.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Glaze-...id=1351686724&sr=1-141&keywords=iphone+5+case

Product Features:
    Simple yet strong design delivers elegant protection against shock and scratches.
    Speaker cutouts uniquely designed to avoid dust and protect clearest sound quality.
    Compatible with all iPhone 5 models: see models and carriers below
    TPU + PC advantages: non-toxic material is flexible yet durable against wear and maintains shape and strength across wide temperature ranges.

Package Includes:
    (1) Anker® Glaze Case
    (2) Microfiber Cloth

Attached Files:

2. Jizzles macrumors regular

The case itself looks nice but the reviews say different. While most of the reviewers thought it was decent for the price, some of them mention the tpu becoming loose and the speaker holes not lining up with the phone.

3. Kisey macrumors 6502a

The reviews say different? Overall, it gets 4.5 stars. Anyway, I have this and the Poetic Atmosphere, and I personally like this case better. Yes, the speaker holes don't line up exactly, but I haven't noticed it affecting performance. I also don't know how the TPU will get loose because there is a plastic rim/bumper that goes over the sides, so it definitely cannot stretch out. I like the form factor of the case--it gives some protection but is not super bulky like most of the other cases out there. The only thing I don't like about the case is the branding.

4. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that branding is FUGLY (so is the name.....). I'm not a fan of those speaker holes either. Looks like a decent case otherwise

5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I had one. The case is a JOKE.

Do NOT buy it. Terrible quality. ZERO protection (besides scratches on the back)

The buttons do not work AT ALL. weird considering it is a thin TPU case.

The edges don't wrap around the bezel at all places, and is very flimsy.

CS told me that I got a G1 version and they are working on the second generation. I loved the blue color, but that case was absolute garbage. Not worth 2 cents.

There might be a reason why it is so cheap: they are offloading the G1 versions onto customers that won't know any better.

6. ArthurG macrumors newbie

ArthurG

You are talking another case.

Wrong one, I am afraid.

I did a research on Amazon. This blue one is a simple TPU design, while the combo one (4.5 star rating, 40 reviews) has two pieces (TPU inner layer plus a hard plastic rim). I didn't find the issues you mentioned in those reviews and I do like the design. Just placed an order.

7. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Some of you are referring to a different case. This is the correct case:
    Anker Glaze

8. TG1, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

This was the launch day case I got from Amazon. It's not bad. Very thin and light and it looks slick. Because of this, however, the case doesn't feel to me that it would offer much protection from drops (thankfully I haven't dropped it yet) . The metal bumper also is pretty frail and has scratched up quite a bit already for me. Kind of slippery in the hand too. Can't beat the price, though. I give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

9. faiz23 thread starter macrumors 6502

faiz23

I received this case very quick and I am not sure what you were talking about but all the buttons line up like power and volume. The cut out for vibrate switch along with lightning and speakers are correct. The bumper rim feels flimsy compared to TPU which is perfect. Over all I would rate this case a 3.75/5 for the price of $6.99 and 4/5 for the price of $3.99. You have to keep price in mind along with the item as well. You are not paying $19.99 for this case. I love it since it is very slim and keeps the bumpers/chamfer protected along with the back. Throw on a screen protector and you are set.

Want to know what is pathetic otterbox gives you a microfiber cloth that is like 1" by 1" and anker throws in a 4" by 4" microfiber free. The really have quality packaging, good products at extremely competitive prices.

10. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Otterboxes also scuff the damn phone, and no one seems to acknowledge that as a problem.

11. faiz23 thread starter macrumors 6502

faiz23

I use a front screen protector GENERIK AG/AF and back protector as well xtremeguardz. I am using an otterbox commuter and since it does not have the front piece like defender I do not have to worry about scratching and full body protector takes care of the rest. Also with square trade I get 4 replacements on the unit. So actually I welcome dings, dents, spills, accidents and such. Life is too short for me to count and inspect every single scratch. That's what insurance and warranty is for ;)