Ann Romney to critics: "Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it?"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 184550, Sep 20, 2012.

1. 184550 Guest

POLITICO

So quit. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

STOP IT!!!

Politics is HARD!

:( :mad:

3. vega07 macrumors 65816

That gave me a good chuckle.

YOU STOP IT ANN!

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

This is hard? I believe the actual job of being President of the United States is much harder than just running for it.

5. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Tom Tomorrow got it right

[​IMG]

Oh for goodness sakes, can't we just buy the Whitehouse?

6. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

Everything is hard for folks who have everything..... I bet driving those Cadillacs is hard too, oh wait they have drivers for that

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

So is managing maids and those stocks when they fall on hard times

8. TSE macrumors 68030

I don't see them being rich as being bad, I see them being rich and complaining as much as they do being bad. Whatever happened to being thankful for what you have?

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yep, if you look at the White House schedule, you'll see a pretty full docket. Today, the president started with a briefing at 9:00 then flew to several press events until he settled back home at the White House at 11:25. That's a long day with multiple flights, a town hall and a speech, and obviously numerous decisions and briefings along the way.

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

All that and they even refuse to give him time-and-a-half over 40. Those presidents, they ought to form a union and stand up for their rights.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

How lucky indeed.

What's worrying is if he's messing up so much of this, what would he be like running a whole country? Would his wife stand up for him, telling us it's a difficult job?

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I was going to say there's no crying in politics.

But then I remembered.

[​IMG]

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

14. eric/ Guest

eric/

Why does she keep doing this?

If I could run for president, I definitely would. So in response to "throw your hat in the ring". Give me a billion dollars to campaign and I'll do it no problem.

15. jeremy h macrumors 6502

Ha ha, they're making such a balls up of this campaign I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for them.

They really, really need Malcolm Tucker... (If you don't know him his collected wisdom can be found here - warning very funny but very sweary (Possibly NSFW)

16. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

A HA! They are going for the sympathy vote!

17. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

IDK, President's always seem to age prematurely. They go in looking youthful and come out only 4 years or 8 years later looking haggard, grey and tired. All that responsibility and pressure must take its toll on people.

Her comments are asinine. Of course its hard, otherwise more people would do it.

18. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

deja vu

seems to be a recurring theme in that there party.

hard.jpg

19. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Saddens me to see this type of hate in our country. Not entirely sure when high levels of success became a stigma in this country, but we really need to find a way to turn that around.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Do you really believe that? I don't see this as people hating on the rich, it's hating on how the rules are stacked against the rest of us. I make good money;in fact, I'm in the to 10% of earners. Why should I pay 26% of my income in taxes while he pays about half that rate?

21. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Having a high level of success isn't the problem. It is the fact that people like Romney have deluted themselves into thinking they can actually understand and even relate to folks whose hardships they have never come close to experiencing.

22. samiwas macrumors 65816

I honestly don't believe that there is a stigma against being rich. That's just te conservative spin on it in my opinion. There's a stigma against being a pompous assclown who looks down at others who aren't. Unfortunately, many wealthy people act like they are somehow better than others, and treat others as pawns in their game. Then when they start complaining about how life is soooo hard for them, others want to punch them in the throat.

I don't care if you make ten dollars or ten million dollars. If you are an egotistical jerk, I will hate you. I don't care if you are unemployed or if you are the lead honcho at MegaCorpInc. If you act like you deserve some sort of respect and admiration solely because you have made money, you will get none from me.

The rich deserve no more respect or admiration than anyone else who works hard. They've just been lucky enough to fall into a position where more money was available.

23. Happybunny, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

Happybunny macrumors 68000

Substitute the word American for rich/wealthy and you have pretty much how most of the world views the USA. :D

24. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

That's BS. There is no stigma against wealth, there is a stigma against wealthy people who still have the audacity to bitch and moan about their wealth and act like VICTIMS. (Is that word familiar?) We're also sick of their constant whining about democrats raising their taxes when they pay less than everyone else. If you're wealthy, enjoy it and don't expect any sympathy from the population when you have to downgrade from a Ferrari to a Porsche...

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Do you have anything else to contribute to this forum other than your anti-American screed?