Annapolis, MD - Apple Store in the Annapolis Mall

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by stevenhaddox, Jun 18, 2010.

1. stevenhaddox macrumors newbie

For those who may care to join me here are the details the concierge desk and a security team member gave me about the morning of the iPhone 4 launch (note, the security guard actually seemed to know all of this pretty in-depth which seems promising).

The mall entrance by the Radio Shack in the Red garage will be the first doors open the morning of the 24th. They will open at 06:30am. He said he knew of one other person who said they would be in line by midnight and several others whom had already asked him about where they needed to line up. I'm a bit of a fanboi and pride myself on being very near the front of the line, so I may have to up my game since I was only in line at 3:00am for the iPhone 3G launch in Arizona...

Hope to see you there,

Steven

PS - I'll probably be wearing a Ruby programming related shirt. I also have a full-beard, and an Apple tattoo on my wrist if you want to say hi.

2. Got Haggis? macrumors member

That's good to know, when I asked the apple store people they didn't seem to know. Lining up at midnight is insane. Not sure what time I will show up if I go ton this store. I was thinking 4am. I had a reservation but called the apple store and they didn't have my name on the list, which means I have to wait in the walk in line. Sucks since I have a reservation email and everything.

3. stevenhaddox thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not right...

I have a reservation e-mail as well, but haven't called to verify that they have the list (I'm not even sure they'd get the full list with the mess that's happened until a day or two before...) Anyway, I plan on printing a copy of my e-mail out just in case they try anything like that (also a small factor in me leaning towards midnight instead of 3am...).

Who knows what all will happen this next Thursday :(

-Steven

PS - I just called and they were able to confirm my reservation. Is your e-mail difficult to spell / pronounce? They could have easily have typo'd it when they looked it up...

4. Got Haggis? macrumors member

No I verified I'm not on the list. It sucks. They said it doesn't matter if you have the email, you have to be on their list. Initially I preorded the 16gb version at 5am the day they went on sale. Then I logged in and changed it to the 32 gb version and I think the system crapped out and removed my name instead of changing pre order. Wish apple would get their crap together with their online ordering system.

5. stevenhaddox thread starter macrumors newbie

That is all sorts of fail :( I think it was more-so AT&T's system causing the majority of errors from what I've read, but nevertheless Apple shouldn't have kept themselves so dependent upon someone with such a crappy reputation...

Well if you decide to wait in line feel free to say hi and best of luck to you.

6. Kvincent24 macrumors newbie

I was there for Iphone 2 - they will let you in

It was a great experience, the people who were there at the mall closing were able to stay on the sofa's and chairs outside of the Starbucks. They were able to let others in for the Macy's side.

I got there about 3:30 am and I and my son was 4th and 5th in line.

I was also there for Iphone 3 and I got there about 5:00 am and was about 20th in line.

There is one other interesting tidbit, the same guy who was first inline for Iphone 1, 2, and 3, usually hangsout at the closing of the store the day before. I think I am going to get there at closing, get his name and phone number and ask him to let me in at 5:30 am.

I hope this info will help. :)

7. Got Haggis? macrumors member

Did someone let you in when you got there at 3:30? What entrance?

8. stevenhaddox thread starter macrumors newbie

Suggested idea...

For anyone who will be at the Annapolis Mall on Thursday, if you post a geolocation tagged tweet with Twitter for iPhone when you get to the mall it will allow you to find others 'nearby' us throughout the night. It may help us find out if anyone is inside the mall and if they can let others in or not as well. Just an idea. Also, feel free to post your twitter screenname so we can coordinate.

My twitter screenname is non-creative: stevenhaddox

9. Got Haggis? macrumors member

my twitter is gothaggis, but i don't have an iphone (it was stolen 2 months ago) so no geo-tagged tweets from me..but i'll follow you guys..and hopefully people will post in this thread when they get to the store so we have an idea of how lines are

10. Kvincent24 macrumors newbie

No the door was open.

11. Kvincent24 macrumors newbie

12. Got Haggis? macrumors member

I'm not that familiar with Annapolis Mall - where is the red garage? I only really know where the entrance to the food court is (Red Robin)

13. stevenhaddox thread starter macrumors newbie

The food court garage is the red garage I think. You'll want to go by the door closest to RadioShack. I'm pretty sure it's on the far right end from the food court entrance (e.g. As far from the food court as you can get without leaving the garage).

I usually park in the JC Penny's parking lot when going to the Apple Store and probably will tomorrow too. If you park there the entrance will be to the left of JC Penny's).

14. wmgjones81 macrumors newbie

When would it be a good time to start heading out to the mall? I live 10 mins away from annapolis mall.

15. wmgjones81 macrumors newbie

I was planning on getting there by 3:30 or 4 am

16. Got Haggis? macrumors member

I was thinking 5am but i'm not sure yet. As people get there, hopefully they will post here so we have an idea of queue size.

17. wmgjones81 macrumors newbie

Yeah I was thinking 5 too but I wanted to play it safe

18. rbfish macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about getting there around 6:00 am. Just out of curiosity, how many of you have reservations?

19. wmgjones81 macrumors newbie

20. Got Haggis? macrumors member

I read in another stores thread that the reservation line starts at 7am, but the people that are there for walk-in's won't be able to purchase until 8am. i hope that isn't the case here.

21. wmgjones81 macrumors newbie

22. stevenhaddox thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh... there's a line.

I got here about 12:15am and there were at least 25 people before me on the "list" that security is keeping. The line doesn't officially start until 5am, but you'll definitely want to come down ASAP and get your name on the list.

After you do come say hi. I'm in the green Scion xB with a U-Haul trailer (middle of a move to Frederick). I'm parked right in front of JCPenny next to the red garage.

Hope to see you all here soon :)

-Steven

23. Kvincent24 macrumors newbie

How do you know how many is in line

How many are there now? Thursday-June-24-2010 1:34 am:)

24. stevenhaddox thread starter macrumors newbie

I've only seen an addition 5-8 or so cars... so probably 35-45ish at most?

25. Got Haggis? macrumors member