annoyed by the super speed of the iphone commercials?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wesk702, Feb 12, 2008.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

I'm sure this may have been mentioned before but I am bugged by the speed of the iphone when seen in the commercials. Yeah yeah I know, it needs to be sped up to fit in whatever for the time slot but the last commercial did it for me. The one where it shows it being used for viewing a mountain, zagat, flight etc. Notice it is cropped so it doesn't show a wifi logo because there is no way you can get those speeds on edge... hell you can't even get those speeds on wifi.
    Yes, I love my phone but these commercials can eat a fat one. when People use my phone they always think there is something wrong with my unit

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Doesn't the last commercial end with the person about to click on printing their boarding pass for JetBlue?

Yeah, right, like it has Bluetooth printing capabilities. For all those BT printers we have.

(Okay, I actually have one, but I'm an industrial field handheld engineer.)

3. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

simple...they are using the 3G iphone.

EDIT: ^ I also have a BT printer ^

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

5. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

your phone is quick and responsive as the one from the commercials?
    I find that pretty tough to believe.

Pretty confident there is minor editing.

6. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

I have fiber optic wifi at home, and mine zips at along at the samespeed as the commercials.

7. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

isnt safari in general only as fast as the iphone's processor?

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I can see the wi-fi logo in the ads.

Perhaps you need a new TV? :(

9. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Or glasses....:D

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My WiFi is about...

1323.3 kbps and that's kinda' the going rate at my house. :cool:

11. cTheory macrumors newbie

Come on guys...It mostly about the processor speed, not the wifi speed. There is definitly editing in the comercials to make the phone look faster. No modern web page can be processed that fast with the puny 400-500mHz iPhone processor. I do like that they at least show the grey grid before the google map loads...that is realistic. I really don't blame them for trying to fit in a lot of selling points in a 20 second TV spot.

12. lordgaino macrumors member

Your talking as if the iPhone commercial is the first advertisment you have ever watched in your life?

Yeah, like the burgers in McDonalds in real life look as good as those on the ads, or that face cream reduces wrinkles as well as they suggest, or the roads are always as empty as they are shown in the car commercials.....

13. m477h3w macrumors 6502

Hehe :D ... so true! I know what the OP is trying to say but it really is a given that adverts are not 100% based on reality these days. They need to be taken with a pinch of salt

14. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Attention to Detail

In the commercial that you mention...3 web pages have already been opened. He flicks to each different web page. Yes, they have been clip edited to fit the time slot...what commercial is not? Hard to believe you are upset about such a minor and obvious detail.

Ohhhhh well. Such is life

15. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

wow... how fast does that go???? :eek::eek:

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Pretty fast.

17. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

well yes of course it does... pretty sure no1 in my country can get fibre (in houses anyway)...

*drool* black fibre

18. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

Have you ever had a Arby's sandwich that looked like the one of the commercial? All TV commercials are this way....

19. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

Ahh, all better now.
    Thank you for comparing my previously $600 dollar phone to a $2 beef sandwich.
    Yes, if you bothered to read the entire complaint I wrote that I
    m fully aware of editing etc... in commercials thanks again for repeating what someone else said including me. You are the winner

20. Aries326 macrumors 6502

Maybe the iPhone they are using has been software hacked to speed up the processor. I did read somewhere that the processor in the iPhone is a 620mhz ARM chip which can be overclocked over 700mhz. Or maybe it's the next gen iPhone with an intel chip. ;)

21. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

It's a commercial people. Do you really expect to get those exact speeds? Are you that gullible?

Maybe some CAN get those speeds. I sure as hell can't but I never expected to.

And, I am VERY happy with my speed on my iPhone as it is VERY fast on wifi. Just not THAT fast

Welcome to the world of commercials where things are rarely if ever as they appear

When you see a McDonalds commerical.....now this may come as a shock....burgers are NOT made like they appear on TV

22. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Frustrated

I am really frustrated and getting really pissed off!!!

I have been to Applebee's many many many times and still for the life of me...have been unable to find that friggin talking apple...either she is really fast or she is off visiting one of the other Applebee's that I haven't been to yet. Can anyone else help me find her? :D