Annoying bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SHirsch999, Sep 2, 2012.

1. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

How do I get my phone and my wife's phone to stop syncing our "notes" apps when I back up the phones? Neither of the phones has "notes" turned on in iCloud. I don't want to see her notes, and some of mine are rather confidential in that they have passwords for work-related things (I'm not worried about someone looking at my phone since it is literally never out of my sight unless I am sleeping). M wife on the other hand, can be rather careless at times.

2. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Plug your iPhone into your computer, open iTunes, click your phone in the sources list, click the "Info" tab then untick notes. Now hit "Apply" and let it sync then do the same thing with your wife's iPhone :)

After this you might want to check your wife's phone for your notes and delete them manually, since iTunes won't delete them automatically. In the future you can just use separate accounts on your computer since it doesn't sound like you are at the moment.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

iCloud is syncing mine erratically. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

But I'm not concerned since I'm only in the "trial" phase. Having read such mixed reviews, many reporting various problems, I'm testing iCloud for myself.

I tend to think that other than for marketing purposes, iClouds not high on Apples priority list just yet. I would like to see them refocus away from suing others, to working on their products. Products I've already paid for.

Apple is squandering a very valuable resource... Time.

If they keep being so combative, they're going to lose the valuable advantage excellent products brings them.

4. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

Jonathan Ives comes to my house every day at 7 to sync my iPhone Gold Edition Four Speed Smart Glass With Built In NES And Bose Sound System 6S and make sure its up to par of the rich. So I have no idea what you people are talking about.
    [​IMG]

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

New York:D
    She is so crazy:D

6. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

[​IMG]

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. EddyHruby macrumors newbie

So I have no idea what you people are talking about.[​IMG]

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The girl in that pic/video is "New York" from the VH1 reality shows "I love New York" and "Flavor of Love" :D
    Damn, I watch too much TV.

10. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

[​IMG]
    You know you love New York.

11. SHirsch999 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the advice but I already looked at this. The notes icon there is already unticked on both phones. Would using Evernote be a better option?

----------

Yeah, this is helpful. Thanks!