Anonymous Operation Exposes Ron Paul Neo-Nazi Link

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Gelfin, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Hunting Nazis: Anonymous snares Ron Paul in Operation Blitzkrieg

Ron Paul, the American Third Position Party and Stormfront

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I heard about this last night. Paul isn't going anywhere in this election cycle, even if he's garnered more support than in previous years. So this probably doesn't really matter too much.

But the mask has slipped a little more...

3. Peace, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Why is this not in any of the mainstream media ?

Ya know? Like CNN. MSNBC. Huffington Post would be all over this story.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Maybe this will stop the fluffing of Paul by the likes of Greenwald and Sullivan... one can hope.

Knew it all along. Same goes for those now gone from here, like Fivepoint. You don't advocate for the repeal of civil rights and voting laws unless you're a stone-cold racist. 'State's rights' has always been a dog-whistle of the Confederacy.

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The real surprise is that this surprises anyone. He is #1 with the Gold, God, Guns 'n Grub crowd and there are plenty of Aryan Nation types in there.

6. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Not a fan of Ron Paul in the slightest but how reliable are those sources?

7. malman89 macrumors 68000

Because the mainstream media tries its hardest to ignore Ron Paul, whether when he was 2nd or almost a virtual tie for first in the polls or now. Nothing new.

Wonder about the sources, but whatever.

8. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

The nazis used concepts of social Darwinism to justify the genocide aspects of their party... it doesn't seem too far of a stretch to believe libertarians find their shared belief in this debunked social theory somehow reassuring.

9. Peace, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I don't think they would ignore him being associated with white supremist neo-nazis.

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I was wondering the same thing.

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

My guess is the reliability of the sources is crap at best and chances are high that the info is false. Either out of anonymous or the site they pulled it from.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Hey guys I just haxxored Obama's mail box and he has been having dinner with Taliban leaders and stuff.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Or maybe the mainstream media still prefers to have more proof, before reporting, than messages posted by Anonymous. I would bet that behind the scenes they are scrambling to try to confirm whether this is BS or true, but until they know for sure, they'd simply be damaging themselves by reporting unsubstantiated claims.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude on this one.

14. Happybunny, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

Happybunny macrumors 68000

This story sounds almost to good to be true. I can see why main stream media is holding back.

Now if this was about a Democrat, I can just imagine how the well known fountain of balanced broadcasting FOX NEWS would react.:rolleyes:

But let's not stoop to their levels, and wait to see if there is any TRUTH to this report.

15. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Let's see. The leader of a white supremacy group posts on a forum that Ron Paul meets regularly with their group, oh and he admits to being pissed at Paul for discounting their movement as being a tiny ideology.

Credible? I think not.

If course that won't prevent him from being crucified on this forum.

16. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Ron Paul is irrelevant because he makes himself irrelevant. He has some ideas that attract people, but he allows himself to lecture crowds and fails to challenge his opponents. He could force his opponents to respond to his claims, but instead, he pivots without using any of the plays2run. As a result, the other candidates don't engage him, the press covers him as a minor player, and he is perceived as being a distraction.

Even on these forums, Ron Paul is "crucified" far less than any other candidate with his background. Sarah Palin doesn't have near the history that Dr. Paul has, yet while she was relevant, she was treated as such. Dr. Paul is currently running for President, but does anyone really care? The only person to blame for that is Dr. Paul.

Anyway, back to the topic here, the sources are Dr. Paul and the Neo-Nazi. They were hacked, therefore the information comes from the horses mouths. There could be NO more credible source. Right?

17. Gelfin thread starter macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I didn't editorialize in the OP, but a few posts in, it's hard for me to avoid observing that the question has never been whether Ron Paul has white supremacist leanings, but instead whether Ron Paul still has white supremacist leanings.

As to his relevance, if he didn't stump for pot legalization, would he have any at all? His main cheering section seems to be the sort of twenty-something male tree aficionado who calls himself "libertarian" but actually seems to mean something more like "proactively apathetic," as if he's discovered the technical political jargon by which a grown-up says "you're not the boss of me."

18. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I would suspect some of the 20-somethings are also liking his non-engagement foreign policy, particularly with all the Iran rhetoric flying about. He seems diametrically opposed to all the other GOP candidates in this regard. He is also very big with the TEOTWAWKI crowd.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I can't be arsed to wade through this acronym.

20. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Curiosity overcame laziness and I looked it up. What a clumsy acronym though!! Among survivalist crowds they also use SHTF (**** hits the fan) as a descriptor for the survivalists' version of The End Times.

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

For the curious.

It's "The End Of The World As We Know It."

Great R.E.M. song btw ;)

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

23. Gelfin thread starter macrumors 68020

Gelfin

It's a minor compromise. White supremacists don't object to being served by brown people. They just object to paying them to do it. They probably advance "the coming race war" by way of crappy tips.

24. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Well, if they keep that up at the same restaurant they'll find that the cooks will begin adding special ingedients to their meals.

25. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Its the famous Lost White (dia)Tribe. They are more or less the same people as the Guns, God. Gold 'n Grub crowd. The Libertarian theme plays right into their fears. "Big gov't is setting up re-education camps all over the US and using FEMA as a cover" or some such nonsense.

----------

They are also known as Preppers, although that is a wider group in general.