Another accusation, another career ended

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

"The Nerdist website has scrubbed all mention of founder Chris Hardwick, as announced by Legendary Entertainment on Friday. This move arrives amid allegations from actress and avid cosplayer Chloe Dykstra, who accused an unnamed ex-boyfriend of “long-term abuse” in an essay published on Medium. Hardwick and Dykstra dated for three years while she was in her early 20s, and from her description of this ex — “he grew from a mildly successful podcaster to a powerhouse CEO of his own company” — folks assumed this was Hardwick, who podcasts for AMC, currently hosts on NBC, and hosted Comedy Central’s recently canceled @Midnight."

https://uproxx.com/news/chris-hardwick-abuse-accusations-chloe-dykstra/

Man, they don't even wait for the tweet to dry before they run the accused over with a bus now.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

This has gotten way out of control. It's absolutely dangerous to be a man these days.

3. IWantItThatWay Suspended

This is because of leftists. They did this to right leaning men for YEARS and now it's finally coming around to them. Now that the pitchforks are aimed at liberals all of a sudden it's going too far? Give me a break. You reap what you sow.

Also I read her account on her Medium, absolutely nothing she says was actual abuse until she mentioned blacklisting. That is bad.

But I 100% enjoy this. Leftists are finally getting a taste of their own medicine and what do ya know, they hate it.

4. 0007776 Suspended

I'm not saying that you are lying and/or trolling, but when was anything like these accusations and the consequences that are now coming with them done to "right leaning men" in the past?

5. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

I don’t remember the me too movement going after men for years and you know, not only liberals are getting caught up
    In it.
    But as a “still trying to be mostly liberal guy but finding it harder to do so” kind of guys, I do see how these SJWs are going too far. Don’t get me wrong, if you are a Weinstein, too bad, you deserved this years ago. But other people, **** whatever happened to due process?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2018 ---
    Well Bill Clinton for one....

6. 0007776 Suspended

Unfortunately the court of public opinion has never had due process, and with the internet news spreads much faster and with less safeguards to ensure it is true these days.

7. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Too bad companies have to act so fast.

8. 0007776 Suspended

Yeah, I'm not sure what the best solution is to deal with allegations when it is difficult to confirm them. Handling it in house obviously wasn't working, but I'm sure a couple innocent people have already been swept up by false accusations alongside a lot of legitimate ones.

9. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Not really. It’s not that hard, if you respect women. I have yet to see one of these very public takedowns where the evidence was not very convincing. Nerdist does not get rid of their founder unless they are certain that the allegations are true.

10. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

How long could they have even thought about it? They got rid of him ASAP (unless I’m missing something)

11. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Yeah I remember Roy Moore and Donald Trump getting the benefit of the doubt.

This has happened for years, where leftists go after men just based on accusations. Now it's starting to come back and bite them.

12. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

You picked two guys with a lot of evidence against them. Try again.

13. 0007776 Suspended

Roy Moore was after the Me Too movement started, Trump was part of what set it off when despite all of the accusations of sexual assault and walking into underage teen girl's dressing rooms to see them naked he was still elected president and had no real consequences. So try again to show how conservative men were being attacked for years.

14. flyinmac, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018

flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

I guess the turnabout would be for every guy to file charges against every woman who ever came on to them by touching them and saying something sexual.

We’d have 99% of the women in prison.

I couldn’t count the number of times I have women touch me and say something sexual on any given day that I go out in public.

Think men are after only one thing??? Women are just as bad, and possibly worse.

I have actually never had to ask a woman, make an invitation, or try to pick them up. I spend too much time pushing them away. And occasionally I meet one that I like, and say yes.

It’s gotten bad enough out there that I’ve finally resorted to not going out in public. I stay home and figure they’ll have to find me.

I know what I’m looking for. But, I don’t think that kind of woman exists anymore. A life partner and companion to share the rest of my life with.

But, I’ve grown tired of every woman trying to get me into bed. So I’ve isolated myself for some peace.

Occasionally I have to go out in public. But, most of what I need I get brought to me.

While not all women are crazed animals. There are a lot of them who are definitely out for sex. And they use their bodies, and sexual contact, and provocative words to tempt you.

I could file charges against almost every woman I’ve ever met if the standards are determined by this “me too” movement.

But, in reality, like everyone else, I do have the ability to say no, and push them away. Which I do extremely frequently.

I can’t remember a time that I’ve been around other people and not had at least one person make an attempt at sexual conquest.

Unfortunately, we have a very biased world that looks at men as predators and women as helpless victims.

And don’t give me the money and power thing. Male or female, we have the ability to protect ourselves and decide our direction. Yes, I’ve also faced being fired due to my position and what I wouldn’t do. If the job requires me to do things that I’d rather not do, then I’d rather be broke and homeless. If you have a defined boundary, you will take a stand and tell the boss to F%#* O££.

I’ve given up a life of luxury, never having to pay a bill for the rest of my life, etc. because my values wouldn’t let me trade sex and my body for a home and all expenses paid.

Yes, I have seriously had that offer on the table.

And if you want to get into the whole rape thing and what counts as rape.... I can guarantee you that women rape women and men too. And men rape women and men.

The difference is it is far easier for a woman to get away with it. And nobody believes a guy who says the sexual activity was unwanted.

Yes, I’ve been unknowingly drugged by both. So I no longer allow either to serve me. If we’re out somewhere, I’ll tell bartenders that nobody is to buy or bring me anything. That they are not to serve me unless I say I want it, and that the bartender must bring it to me personally.

If we’re at a house, I’ll drink water that I pour myself. I don’t trust bottled drinks. I’ve drank things from bottles that had been drugged and resealed.

Simply put, this whole world could be spun around the other direction quite fast if all the men suddenly took a stand.

I can’t imagine that my experience could be that unique.

Perhaps more men are more receptive to women making sexual advances on them. But... receptive or not, the point is that a lot of women do the same things that they accuse men of.

And if we look into the social lives of many of the women in the “me too” movement, I can guarantee that a lot of them would be found guilty of grabbing some guys butt, showing them glimpses of supposedly private areas, making sexually explicit comments, trying to entice them into bed, or taking advantage of moments of emotional weakness to get sex from a guy.

It happens every day, all day long.

I don’t say any of this to bash women. Simply to point out the hipocracy.

If I can be driven to exile myself to get a moments peace from sexual pursuit, then certainly men are not the only predators.

I just simply grew tired of it all. And perhaps some day the right woman will come along. Hopefully she’ll find her way down my street. Cause I probably won’t be in town.

I made the mistake of leaving home yesterday. Yeah... guess what was offered. And guess what my answer was. NO.

15. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Joe Rogan talked about a news story on his pod cast in which two college kids got drunk and had sex. The guy assumed the girl was going to report him (I think joe said he found out the girl had gotten drunk and had sex with his friend who was also drunk), so the guy reported the girl first. Saying she took advantage of him. The college then punished the girl. I guess it’s first come, first served. (Literally)

16. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Interesting. That’s college enforcement though.

In a court of law, the intoxicated male is presumed guilty of having raped an intoxicated female if both parties we consenting at the moment and both were intoxicated.

At least from the cases I’ve seen to this point. My best recommendation is don’t have sex if either of you is intoxicated, and don’t have sex with anyone that you don’t know, trust, and have a glimmer of future hope with.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

People need to stop making this a party issue. It's a human issue.

18. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Hillary Clinton said sexual assault victims "deserve to be believed" no matter what. There was nothing about "evidence."

I love how leftists are now getting a taste of their own medicine. It's incredible.

19. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Ok. You’ve been so level headed so far so whatever.

20. IWantItThatWay Suspended

what did she mean by this

[​IMG]

21. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I don’t understand the point. Moore and Trump are clearly guilty.

22. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

She meant what you posted. I never disagreed with that. She’s a hypocrite who attacked other women who accused her husband. Do you also assume that because my posts tent to lean liberal and democratic that I would love Hillary or bill. I’m not a party over politics guy like most people seem to be.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

So conservatives go on about their business, or wait a few months after accusations and "leftists" instantly step down from their jobs.

What is your point, and please provide some sources.

24. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

So they're not even sure that she was referring to him and they automatically erase his existence from their site?

I guess that's the method of the #metoo movement: Condemn first, ask questions later.

25. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

Given that in so many cases they are complicit to bad behavior, they may already know the accusations are true. They don't need to confound the situation by keeping what may be a harasser/abuser around.