Another accusation, another career ended

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Yeah I remember Roy Moore and Donald Trump getting the benefit of the doubt.

This has happened for years, where leftists go after men just based on accusations. Now it's starting to come back and bite them.
You're not very good at this 'defense of' thing are you? o_O

I know this is a stretch, but you what hasn't happened for years? Women's accusations being taken seriously. I.E. the women who accused Roy Moore. I mean how many older gentlemen do you know who get banned from shopping malls that run for Congress? Or call teenage girls in class in their high school. But hey, accusations...

Will there be abuses? Yes. That seems to be how the pendulum swings in our society.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
This is because of leftists. They did this to right leaning men for YEARS and now it's finally coming around to them. Now that the pitchforks are aimed at liberals all of a sudden it's going too far? Give me a break. You reap what you sow.

Also I read her account on her Medium, absolutely nothing she says was actual abuse until she mentioned blacklisting. That is bad.

But I 100% enjoy this. Leftists are finally getting a taste of their own medicine and what do ya know, they hate it.
So sexual harassment is a political issue? Tell that to the woman who were abused. Who cares what party these scumbags belong to. Where are your morals? Oh thats right, the righties don't have any. Trump pretty much confirmed sexual harassment is OK. And then evangelicals pretty much abandoned their faith to support him. The level to which we stoop to support our political party has no bounds.

Rum_Becker

Suspended
Sep 1, 2017
Canada
Many years ago when I was a regressive leftist I almost got fired because I caused a female co-worker to cry. Today I follow the Pence doctrine, when I have to engage with female co-workers I only talk business and if they try to engage in small talk I just talk about Ship in a bottle making, after 10 minutes they leave me alone.

One of my male colleagues has recently been suspended for making a joke and asking another co-worker on a date. For the second allegation the first complainant is the witness. After not working for 2 months my friend was finally presented the allegations and it turns out that it was impossible for that person to have been a witness. It is fortunate that my friend is unionized and has received an apology from the company, but they are taking no action against the 2 women that made false statements.

Rum_Becker

Suspended
Sep 1, 2017
Canada
During taxi for a MEDEVAC flight ATC asked if we could expedite our taxi to enabled us to take-off quicker, I asked the first officer if she was comfortable with the request since she was the pilot flying that leg and she she confirmed that she was fine with the request. During the remainder of the taxi I informed the FO that we were cutting it close as she did not really increase the speed of the taxi and actually were going slower. About 200 meters from the runway ATC cancelled our takeoff clearance and instructed us to hold short of the runways, I ordered the FO to hold short and she did not respond twice. I had to take control and aggressively apply the brakes in order to avoid an runway incursion.

The FO started to cry and said that I did not tell her to hold short. I ended up turning the aircraft around and cancelled the flight as the FO was in emotional distress. She accused me of lying and said I never informed her to taxi faster and then denied that I told her to hold short of the Runway. We ended up having to pull the cockpit voice recorder from the airplane to prove that the allegation was false.

Last edited:

ThisBougieLife

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2016
SF Bay Area, California
Sometimes it seems like this whole thing is only widening the divide between men and women. Male and female coworkers seem practically afraid of each other: women worried that any man is a potential abuser, men worried that an innocent comment will destroy their life. Like any movement that takes a nation by storm, it has had unintended consequences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rum_Becker

ronntaylor

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York

IWantItThatWay

Suspended
Apr 26, 2009
From what I am reading, I am on Chris' side EXCEPT for the blacklisting. So far. Honestly, from what I read, she put up with the "abuse" (which really wasn't abusive) because it sounds like to me she was expecting dating him would help her career.

But SJWs made their bed and they now need to lie in it. SJWs always would do harassment campaigns before and get people fired for any slightest offense. So this is justice.
[doublepost=1529173230][/doublepost]
So sexual harassment is a political issue? Tell that to the woman who were abused. Who cares what party these scumbags belong to. Where are your morals? Oh thats right, the righties don't have any. Trump pretty much confirmed sexual harassment is OK. And then evangelicals pretty much abandoned their faith to support him. The level to which we stoop to support our political party has no bounds.
It became a political issue when it was used as a weapon by the left. For example: it's incredible how many sexual assault allegations happen to Republicans right before an election. And of course, Gloria Allred is involved (which makes it political).

And it becomes political when they defend Democrats. For example - originally everyone defended Al Franken after a PHOTO of him assaulting a woman was shown. However, when Roy Moore started to gain in the polls all of a sudden they turn on Franken? If it's not political, why did they only wait until Roy Moore gained in the polls before turning on Al Franken?

Clinton, Obama, and Biden took days (some weeks) before condemning Harvey Weinstein.

It became political when SJWs would call jobs attempting to get people they don't like fired.

And Trump never said sexual harassment is OK. It's never OK.

And your post makes no sense - you get mad at me for making this a political issue, then you IMMEDIATELY make it a political issue and attack right wingers. Now do you see what I am saying? Re-read your post.
[doublepost=1529173369][/doublepost]
You're not very good at this 'defense of' thing are you? o_O

I know this is a stretch, but you what hasn't happened for years? Women's accusations being taken seriously. I.E. the women who accused Roy Moore. I mean how many older gentlemen do you know who get banned from shopping malls that run for Congress? Or call teenage girls in class in their high school. But hey, accusations...

Will there be abuses? Yes. That seems to be how the pendulum swings in our society.
The pendulum is swinging against the left and now they're mad about it.

NOW all of a sudden they care about waiting for evidence. Funny how that wasn't the case before.

Another example: Kirsten Gillibrand is now saying Clinton should have resigned. But she supported him and Hillary during the 2016 campaign. She supported Bill for years, but only now does she say he should have resigned?

Last edited:

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
[doublepost=1529173369][/doublepost]

The pendulum is swinging against the left and now they're mad about it.

NOW all of a sudden they care about waiting for evidence. Funny how that wasn't the case before.

Another example: Kirsten Gillibrand is now saying Clinton should have resigned. But she supported him and Hillary during the 2016 campaign. She supported Bill for years, but only now does she say he should have resigned?
While I do appreciate your lack of subtlety, you are choosing to view this all & only with partisan & political eyes. The left is mad in your imagination. The pendulum has swung against men of power of any political persuasion, and is favoring women of any political persuasion with any seemingly credible claims. Naturally no matter what the party if it's someone you look up to or associate with, and you're taken surprise by such claims, you want to support your friend. That support can quickly erode though when facts, or a history is shown backing the women's claims.

As I said, what's different now, is that the claims from women are finally getting their due, and quite a few people are understandably upset by that. Ah well, those men should have tried not being a :mad:!

As far as "NOW all of a sudden they care about waiting for evidence. Funny how that wasn't the case before.", I refer you to any discussion about racism in this forum, or a discussion about the Mueller investigation. I believe you'll find yourself laughably on the other side of that point. Be careful when you're claiming someone cares about 'waiting for evidence', all too often those wanting all the evidence, really want it the least if it can apply to them or their 'side'.

IWantItThatWay

Suspended
Apr 26, 2009
Please don’t pretend this is some sort of left/right issue. Trump still hasn’t condemned Steve Wynn and the RNC hasn’t returned his donations.
The difference is that no one cares about Wynn and Trump wasn't running these type of ads:

And Trump wasn't saying stuff like this:

See how it's political now?
[doublepost=1529176696][/doublepost]
The pendulum has swung against men of power of any political persuasion,
It's been swung against Republican men for decades. Now that it's hit the left too NOW all of a sudden they care about presumed innocence. SJWs used to go after people they don't hate and call their jobs to get people fired.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
It's been swung against Republican men for decades. Now that it's hit the left too NOW all of a sudden they care about presumed innocence. SJWs used to go after people they don't hate and call their jobs to get people fired.
Which you've finally brought us back to when you first boarded your fake outrage train, and...

I'm not saying that you are lying and/or trolling, but when was anything like these accusations and the consequences that are now coming with them done to "right leaning men" in the past?
Now you've run the track of deflection and gotten back to the start line, you can answer the original question you wanted to dodge. Since this has somehow become a political thing, what decades of 'right leaning men' has this been done to?

You're basing this whole screed of outrage based on something you haven't provided.

You keep saying the left wants evidence first or some such, who exactly is saying that?

I hope your basis isn't Hardwick himself, because naturally he's going to want to be provided evidence as he tries to defend himself. ANYONE, whether on the right or left would request that.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
I guess the turnabout would be for every guy to file charges against every woman who ever came on to them by touching them and saying something sexual.

We’d have 99% of the women in prison.

I couldn’t count the number of times I have women touch me and say something sexual on any given day that I go out in public.

Think men are after only one thing??? Women are just as bad, and possibly worse.

I have actually never had to ask a woman, make an invitation, or try to pick them up. I spend too much time pushing them away. And occasionally I meet one that I like, and say yes.

It’s gotten bad enough out there that I’ve finally resorted to not going out in public. I stay home and figure they’ll have to find me.

I know what I’m looking for. But, I don’t think that kind of woman exists anymore. A life partner and companion to share the rest of my life with.

But, I’ve grown tired of every woman trying to get me into bed. So I’ve isolated myself for some peace.

Occasionally I have to go out in public. But, most of what I need I get brought to me.

While not all women are crazed animals. There are a lot of them who are definitely out for sex. And they use their bodies, and sexual contact, and provocative words to tempt you.

I could file charges against almost every woman I’ve ever met if the standards are determined by this “me too” movement.

But, in reality, like everyone else, I do have the ability to say no, and push them away. Which I do extremely frequently.

I can’t remember a time that I’ve been around other people and not had at least one person make an attempt at sexual conquest.

Unfortunately, we have a very biased world that looks at men as predators and women as helpless victims.

And don’t give me the money and power thing. Male or female, we have the ability to protect ourselves and decide our direction. Yes, I’ve also faced being fired due to my position and what I wouldn’t do. If the job requires me to do things that I’d rather not do, then I’d rather be broke and homeless. If you have a defined boundary, you will take a stand and tell the boss to F%#* O££.

I’ve given up a life of luxury, never having to pay a bill for the rest of my life, etc. because my values wouldn’t let me trade sex and my body for a home and all expenses paid.

Yes, I have seriously had that offer on the table.

And if you want to get into the whole rape thing and what counts as rape.... I can guarantee you that women rape women and men too. And men rape women and men.

The difference is it is far easier for a woman to get away with it. And nobody believes a guy who says the sexual activity was unwanted.

Yes, I’ve been unknowingly drugged by both. So I no longer allow either to serve me. If we’re out somewhere, I’ll tell bartenders that nobody is to buy or bring me anything. That they are not to serve me unless I say I want it, and that the bartender must bring it to me personally.

If we’re at a house, I’ll drink water that I pour myself. I don’t trust bottled drinks. I’ve drank things from bottles that had been drugged and resealed.

Simply put, this whole world could be spun around the other direction quite fast if all the men suddenly took a stand.

I can’t imagine that my experience could be that unique.

Perhaps more men are more receptive to women making sexual advances on them. But... receptive or not, the point is that a lot of women do the same things that they accuse men of.

And if we look into the social lives of many of the women in the “me too” movement, I can guarantee that a lot of them would be found guilty of grabbing some guys butt, showing them glimpses of supposedly private areas, making sexually explicit comments, trying to entice them into bed, or taking advantage of moments of emotional weakness to get sex from a guy.

It happens every day, all day long.

I don’t say any of this to bash women. Simply to point out the hipocracy.

If I can be driven to exile myself to get a moments peace from sexual pursuit, then certainly men are not the only predators.

I just simply grew tired of it all. And perhaps some day the right woman will come along. Hopefully she’ll find her way down my street. Cause I probably won’t be in town.

I made the mistake of leaving home yesterday. Yeah... guess what was offered. And guess what my answer was. NO.
I'm sure you're a babe magnet. :rolleyes: Perhaps women aren't coming on to you as frequently as you suppose.

IWantItThatWay

Suspended
Apr 26, 2009
Which you've finally brought us back to when you first boarded your fake outrage train, and...

Now you've run the track of deflection and gotten back to the start line, you can answer the original question you wanted to dodge. Since this has somehow become a political thing, what decades of 'right leaning men' has this been done to?

You're basing this whole screed of outrage based on something you haven't provided.

You keep saying the left wants evidence first or some such, who exactly is saying that?

I hope your basis isn't Hardwick himself, because naturally he's going to want to be provided evidence as he tries to defend himself. ANYONE, whether on the right or left would request that.
1. Clarence Thomas
2. Roy Moore
3. Donald Trump
4. Dick Masterson
5. NeoGaf
6. Roger Ailes
7. Bill O'Reilly
8. Eric Bolling

And so many, many more. But you wouldn't now because you're on the other side. The fact you don't know about SJW mobs calling people to get them fired is incredible. No wonder you don't like it when it happens to liberals.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
1. Clarence Thomas
2. Roy Moore
3. Donald Trump
4. Dick Masterson
5. NeoGaf
6. Roger Ailes
7. Bill O'Reilly
8. Eric Bolling

And so many, many more. But you wouldn't now because you're on the other side. The fact you don't know about SJW mobs calling people to get them fired is incredible. No wonder you don't like it when it happens to liberals.
Are leaving out that these men were actually guilty of such things, and got away for so long because they had power?

IWantItThatWay

Suspended
Apr 26, 2009
You didn't answer my question though.

Your still framing thing along party lines, and intentionally ignoring that these men were guilty of such abuses.
They were guilty before a trial even begin. They were guilty after the first accusation.

All SJWs did was accuse someone, then they'd go after that person's job.

For example: Dick Masterson said that women should be more aware of their surroundings to help fight off rape. For example, not get black out drunk around a bunch of creepy men. Reasonable right? Nope, SJWs twisted his word and said Dick blamed women for getting raped, and got him fired from his job and from the UCB (a comedy club in L.A.).

On the other hand, Maddox, the man who recorded the show, has written a book about how to secretly cop a feel on a woman without her permission. He of course never got fired.

I wonder why?

Dick is a Trump supporter. That's why.

Roy Moore was immediately labelled guilty as well. Al Franken was protected on the other hand.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I'm sure you're a babe magnet. :rolleyes: Perhaps women aren't coming on to you as frequently as you suppose.
Apparently your personal experience is different??? Perhaps it’s your attitude?

Whether it happens to you personally or not, Women are just as aggressive in their pursuits of sex and conquest as men are.

But... we could just go with your apparent perspective. If it didn’t happen to you, then it didn’t happen at all. Therefore nobody is having sex and nobody is making unwanted advances on another person.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
This is more proof leftists want to just attack conservatives no matter what. Now that the attacks are backfiring NOW they care about evidence?

What makes you funny is that you're claiming outrage & amusement that those on the left are being caught up in accusations about sexual abuse. What you're NOT upset about, is guilt.

To maintain your outrage about the right being blamed for anything, you don't see any outrage towards those actually guilty of abuse, left or right. Which shoots any credibility you imagine you have with your misguided outrage.

You have NO concern for the victims. You have no concern that finally some no matter what their political leaning are finally getting some justice. You just want to carry on that right leaning guys have been accused of such things for awhile, and that they were guilty, so that is somehow unfair. o_O

I'm still waiting for you to show this claim that those on the left are upset and wanting more evidence. As if that is some far fetched concept that those on the right NEVER asked for. Once again, the pendulum and momentum swinging isn't political as you want to carry on about, it's about victims now having a stronger voice, which you don't seem to care about or for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IronWaffle