Another black youth shot by white officer in suburban St. Louis

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SLC Flyfishing, Dec 24, 2014.

1. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/24/justice/missouri-officer-involved-shooting/index.html?c=homepage-t

I hope this doesn't lead to further deterioration of the situation across the country. But it does appear this was justified.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

18-year old gang banger thug with an extensive rap sheet aims a pistol at a cop.

What did he expect?

3. SLC Flyfishing thread starter Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I agree. I just don't have much hope that some others (namely those already involved in the protests) will see it in the same light. There was already a night of violence over this.

Sad situation all the way around.

4. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

They might burn down a few buildings but this case is so cut & dried that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama will likely ignore it altogether.

6. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Don't be ridiculous, the violence last night over this was due to misinformation spread by people claiming that the kid didn't have a gun. As the facts come out, particularly the video evidence of the shooting which clearly shows the kid aiming the gun at the cop, apart from the extremists nut jobs, most people will agree that this was a justified shooting.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Assuming of course that that is true.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

what part specifically? seem there is video of the deceased pointing a gun at the officer.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yeah obviously if someone points a gun at a cop it's a justified shooting.

----------

I wasn't aware of that, if so then it will be justified.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Read the quote on post 1.

11. Happybunny macrumors 68000

What certainly didn't help was a piece of **** like this.

Furious Twitter backlash against prankster who pretended he was best friends with latest police shooting victim Antonio Martin and watched him die... and then plugged his mixtape
    Antonio Martin, 18, shot dead by police at gas station in Missouri last night
    Jesus Christo tweeted 'can't believe my best friend just died in front of me'
    Comment retweeted thousands of times with many offering condolences
    Christo then fabricated account of shooting before plugging his own music

One furious user wrote: 'There's truly a special place in hell for you'

Furious Twitter users have rallied against a prankster who pretended he was best friends with latest police shooting victim Antonio Martin and watched him die at a gas station near Ferguson last night.

Jesus Christo claimed he was there when the 18-year-old was killed and fabricated an account of how a police officer opened fire on Martin when he refused to lie on the ground.

Under the Twitter handle, @DesJuanTheThug, Christo wrote 'I can't believe my best friend just died in front of me' - and the comment was retweeted more than 3,000 times.

He then posted a series of tweets telling people to listen to his mixtape and add him on SoundCloud - an audio platform that allows people to promote their own music.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...atched-die-plugged-mixtape.html#ixzz3MqLHU2GZ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Jesus Christo? :rolleyes:

13. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    God. It makes my brain hurt just thinking about how stupid this kid is.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

My bad. I only saw early news reports before that was known.

15. SLC Flyfishing thread starter Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

There are plenty of people out there who don't believe facts that go against what they want to be true.

16. Happybunny macrumors 68000

That's just as true for both right & left

17. SLC Flyfishing thread starter Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I don't believe I argued otherwise

18. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Please change the title of this post to "Teenager who points gun at officer shot dead in suburban St Louis". This title is absolutely ridiculous, I don't care whether the teen was black or white, or the officer was black or white, the same thing would've happened.

Just more race baiting until you actually read the article, way to go CNN!!

19. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Relations between white cops and black citizens are at the forefront of the news these days, and minor riots occurred as a result of this shooting.

It's an absolutely valid headline.

20. Anitramane macrumors 6502

Why is it so important to point out that the victim is black? I don't think it matters which color people were shot. If the cop did anything wrong is up for the court to decide and people need to realize that the police don't shoot people over race.

Wounding shots are also hard to make in the tense situations the policemen/women can find themselves in, even if they are trained for them.

If the policeman/woman shot the person because of their for example color, then that's something investigating will find out. Till then, don't make riots based on your assumption of how the police acts. That's as bad as rasism.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Rioters were throwing objects at police and apparently threw fireworks next to gas pumps. Time to crack down on the ********, gear up and put the rioters into the pavement.

The police force looks foolish and are more worried about being labeled racists than enforcing the law.

22. Anitramane macrumors 6502

Violence is only a last resort.

23. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Good thing that camera was there, or the liberals in this forum would be demanding the officer be tried.

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The video is very hard to make out, but it does look like he pointed a weapon at the cops. I don't see why someone would make that gesture unless there was a weapon in their hands.

Was a gun recovered? If so, cased closed. If not, then something is off.

Shame on the officer for not taking the body cam seriously enough to put on. Just cause it was given to he mid shift is still no excuse.

25. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

You don't get out much, do you? I guarantee Al and Jesse will be talking about it in a day, if they haven't already opened their racist mouths.

----------

Thank you. You are absolutely, 100% correct. American media stirring the pot and raising tensions.