Another child dies in a hot car

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by EvilQueen, Jul 25, 2014.

1. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

I just don't get it. You pick a child up for the sitter, and then drive home, and then forget and leave that child in a hot car.

I don't even forget my phone in a hot car. How can someone forget a child?

http://news.yahoo.com/baby-dies-being-left-hot-car-kansas-130433615.html

And the story is total crap....who would let a 10 month old and a 5 year old play downstairs unsupervised?

:confused::confused:
    :mad::mad:

2. zin macrumors 6502

It seems strange that you remember to bring the 5 year old child inside but some how forget the 10 month old child still in the car.

Nonetheless, these things do happen, and whilst it appears to be negligent of the parent(s), it was most likely a very unfortunate and saddening accident.

3. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I know it seems crazy but it happens. When my daughter was two, I had picked her up from the babysitter because the babysitter had an emergency. She spent the afternoon with me at work. On the way home, I was involved in a couple telephone calls and was handling an issue. Back then when she got in the carseat and the car got moving, it was her cue for a nap. She was out in minutes.

When I got home, I got out of the car and walked into the house. My wife, said, "Where's Tiffany.", I ran back to the car. Sure it was only a minute but it told me that it could happen. That day, I moved the carseat to the back passenger side seat rather than behind the driver's seat.

Because it was out of the norm for me to have her in the car, I had forgotten her. My commute was about a half hour. A lot went through my mind in that time.

I know that it can happen but we have to make sure that we don't let it happen. We, as the adults have to take steps to be sure that we don't forget.

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole

More evidence that people should be licensed before they're allowed to procreate.

5. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Licensed by whom?

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I don't know how to fix this problem but this **** needs to get fixed. How do you forget and leave your child in a car. I get people have stuff going on but what the hell. This problem needs a good solution... I just don't know what that is.

7. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

In my Prius, the passenger seat is able to tell if someone is sitting in it. Why can't that be in the back seats, as well? Use a weight sensor and an alarm.

8. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Bureau of Wildlife Management.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Or, you know, people could just not be ****** parents and remember their kids in the backseat.

10. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

The NRA.

Or is that...

Licensed by Womb?

11. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Does this have anything to do with that quip about "tourist season"?

12. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Did you really have to bring guns to this topic? Seriously?!

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

They actually have alarms you carry with you and is attached to the car seat with temp alarms that keep you from going too far away.

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

That's understandable. But I highly doubt if your wife wasn't home, you would have went two hours without noticing.

15. EvilQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

We don't need electronic gizmos to remind us that there is a child in the damn back seat. We need people to not be pieces of ****.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight