Another Democrat lies about his war experience

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
Brian Williams, the anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News, has had to offer a lame (and probably preliminary) apology for lying about his helicopter being shot down during the run up to the Iraq war.

That sort of behavior is distressingly common in Democrats. For example, there was Hillary Clinton's similar lie of having to rush from a helicopter after landing because her group was under sniper fire.

And John F. Kerry's famous story of a mission into Cambodia that never happened, even though it was "seared into his memory".

I've read that this sorta lying comes from Liberal guilt:

Still, the kind of wealth that has been heaped upon Brian Williams gives rise to a phenomenon that has played much too large a part in our national life: liberal guilt. Again, this is pure speculation, but I suspect that Williams’s emotional need to portray himself (in his own mind, not just to outsiders) as someone who braved dangers, was shot at and nearly killed, was part of how he assuaged the guilt that came packaged with the hundreds of millions of dollars he has earned for doing, really, not much. (Note, too, how similar Williams’s story is to Hillary Clinton’s lie about “landing under sniper fire” in Bosnia.)​

What do you think?

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Medacity is an entirely non-partisan issue:

Republican candidate for Illinois Senate claims award he didn't receive to resume.

Republican Senator gins up service in Afghanistan

Oregon Republican says his service record in Korea can't be provided because he was part of an special forces unit.

Douglas Stringfellow was a Utah Republican who said he served with OSS and became a paraplegic after torture by the Germans. Turns out, not only was his service absolute balderdash, but he could walk.

And, of course, in November 1983, St. Ronnie told Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir that as part of the U. S. Army film corps, his unit had shot footage of the Nazi concentration camps as they were liberated. Regan never left the United States.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
plenty of people lie & fantasize about things that did not happen.

the American sniper punching out Jessie Ventura and others.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/religion/2718022/posts

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/navy-seals-imposters-coming-woodwork-seal/story?id=13564587

we had a few guys that got their tridents straight out of bootcamp.
Very interesting. So I cite lies from the presumed Democrat candidate for president, the Secretary of State, and the anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News, and you give me a pastor?

Everybody tells lies, I've been assured that by Liberals who say Obama's 117 broken promises are no big deal, but having the top leadership of the Democrat party (Hillary and JF Kerry) and a top member of the mainstream news media tell such obvious lies shows how little we can trust of anything they say. Why do they feel the need to tell such whoppers if it's not from Liberal guilt?

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
Medacity is an entirely non-partisan issue:

Republican candidate for Illinois Senate claims award he didn't receive to resume.
The guy claimed an award as personally his that his entire unit received. Spank his wrists. And he's a state senator, not a leader in the GOP.

Reminds me of the controversy when Global Warming darling Michael Mann was forced to change his claim to having received a Nobel Peace prize he didn't actually receive, it was awarded to the IPCC as a group.

Republican Senator gins up service in Afghanistan
Try as I could, I never found anything that was a lie. Please point it out.

Oregon Republican says his service record in Korea can't be provided because he was part of an special forces unit.
OK, now this guy's reprehensible. What a relief that he only served one term as a representative. Again, not a GOP leader.

Douglas Stringfellow was a Utah Republican who said he served with OSS and became a paraplegic after torture by the Germans. Turns out, not only was his service absolute balderdash, but he could walk.
Served for one term in the sixties as a representative. Kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't you?

And, of course, in November 1983, St. Ronnie told Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir that as part of the U. S. Army film corps, his unit had shot footage of the Nazi concentration camps as they were liberated. Regan never left the United States.
Oopsie! You found a Liberal tale about Reagan that can't be proven, but has been passed around so much, people think it's true. For one thing, the story was only reported by an Israeli, and there were no direct quotes of what Reagan had said. Which leaves open the likelihood that the reporter simply got the story wrong.

Dang, but your list looks pretty wimpy compared to mine. You know, the list that has Hillary Clinton, John F. Kerry, and Brian Williams, telling obvious lies repeatedly about their war experience. Those are today's Democrat leaders.

Much happiness may that fact give you.

----------

There's all ready a Brian Williams thread in Current Events.
My thread is on whether it's Liberal guilt that causes so many leading Democrats to lie about their experience in war.

----------

Brian Williams is a Democrat?
White House intern for Carter administration.

giantfan1224

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Brian Williams is a Democrat?
Well, he is the anchor and managing editor of NBC's most watched news program. If we're constantly going to hear how Fox News is conservative, let's be fair about the political leanings of the Peacock as well.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
Says the guy pointing out a news anchor......

I can't tell what's the bigger joke here.
Dan Rather lied and now we know Brian Williams is a liar. The media is predominantly composed of Democrats, and their main members have been caught lying.

Thank goodness for Fox News!

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
The guy claimed an award as personally his that his entire unit received. Spank his wrists. And he's a state senator, not a leader in the GOP.
This is nothing more than your usual load of crap. He's a state senator. This guy is a news anchor. Neither is a leader of their respective party, yet you jammed the comment in there to support your agenda.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
Brian Williams, the anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News, has had to offer a lame (and probably preliminary) apology for lying about his helicopter being shot down during the run up to the Iraq war.
I personally prefer a liar over a douche (R) saying it is ok to stone LGBT people to death.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
This is nothing more than your usual load of crap. He's a state senator. This guy is a news anchor. Neither is a leader of their respective party, yet you jammed the comment in there to support your agenda.
I'm winning again, as your obvious out-of-context quoting proves. The leaders are Hillary and JFKerry. The mainstream media leader is Williams.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Dan Rather lied and now we know Brian Williams is a liar. The media is predominantly composed of Democrats, and their main members have been caught lying.

Thank goodness for Fox News!
Yeah, Fox News is known for its truthfulness.

Can we go ahead and call this what it is, and call Duck what he is?