Another Democrat lies about his war experience

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DUCKofD3ATH, Feb 5, 2015.

1. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Brian Williams, the anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News, has had to offer a lame (and probably preliminary) apology for lying about his helicopter being shot down during the run up to the Iraq war.

That sort of behavior is distressingly common in Democrats. For example, there was Hillary Clinton's similar lie of having to rush from a helicopter after landing because her group was under sniper fire.

And John F. Kerry's famous story of a mission into Cambodia that never happened, even though it was "seared into his memory".

I've read that this sorta lying comes from Liberal guilt:

Still, the kind of wealth that has been heaped upon Brian Williams gives rise to a phenomenon that has played much too large a part in our national life: liberal guilt. Again, this is pure speculation, but I suspect that Williams’s emotional need to portray himself (in his own mind, not just to outsiders) as someone who braved dangers, was shot at and nearly killed, was part of how he assuaged the guilt that came packaged with the hundreds of millions of dollars he has earned for doing, really, not much. (Note, too, how similar Williams’s story is to Hillary Clinton’s lie about “landing under sniper fire” in Bosnia.)​

What do you think?

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I think I haven't read anything funnier all day.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yep, lying about things is not a partisan issue and effects people on both sides of the aisle.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Medacity is an entirely non-partisan issue:

Republican candidate for Illinois Senate claims award he didn't receive to resume.

Republican Senator gins up service in Afghanistan

Oregon Republican says his service record in Korea can't be provided because he was part of an special forces unit.

Douglas Stringfellow was a Utah Republican who said he served with OSS and became a paraplegic after torture by the Germans. Turns out, not only was his service absolute balderdash, but he could walk.

And, of course, in November 1983, St. Ronnie told Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir that as part of the U. S. Army film corps, his unit had shot footage of the Nazi concentration camps as they were liberated. Regan never left the United States.

7. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Very interesting. So I cite lies from the presumed Democrat candidate for president, the Secretary of State, and the anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News, and you give me a pastor?

Everybody tells lies, I've been assured that by Liberals who say Obama's 117 broken promises are no big deal, but having the top leadership of the Democrat party (Hillary and JF Kerry) and a top member of the mainstream news media tell such obvious lies shows how little we can trust of anything they say. Why do they feel the need to tell such whoppers if it's not from Liberal guilt?

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

There's all ready a Brian Williams thread in Current Events.

9. zin macrumors 6502

I think you got bored and realised you hadn't posted an anti-Obama / anti-Democratic Party thread in a few days.

10. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

The guy claimed an award as personally his that his entire unit received. Spank his wrists. And he's a state senator, not a leader in the GOP.

Reminds me of the controversy when Global Warming darling Michael Mann was forced to change his claim to having received a Nobel Peace prize he didn't actually receive, it was awarded to the IPCC as a group.

Try as I could, I never found anything that was a lie. Please point it out.

OK, now this guy's reprehensible. What a relief that he only served one term as a representative. Again, not a GOP leader.

Served for one term in the sixties as a representative. Kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't you?

Oopsie! You found a Liberal tale about Reagan that can't be proven, but has been passed around so much, people think it's true. For one thing, the story was only reported by an Israeli, and there were no direct quotes of what Reagan had said. Which leaves open the likelihood that the reporter simply got the story wrong.

Dang, but your list looks pretty wimpy compared to mine. You know, the list that has Hillary Clinton, John F. Kerry, and Brian Williams, telling obvious lies repeatedly about their war experience. Those are today's Democrat leaders.

Much happiness may that fact give you.

----------

My thread is on whether it's Liberal guilt that causes so many leading Democrats to lie about their experience in war.

----------

White House intern for Carter administration.

11. samiwas macrumors 65816

Says the guy pointing out a news anchor......

I can't tell what's the bigger joke here.

12. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Well, he is the anchor and managing editor of NBC's most watched news program. If we're constantly going to hear how Fox News is conservative, let's be fair about the political leanings of the Peacock as well.

13. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Dan Rather lied and now we know Brian Williams is a liar. The media is predominantly composed of Democrats, and their main members have been caught lying.

Thank goodness for Fox News!

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

This is nothing more than your usual load of crap. He's a state senator. This guy is a news anchor. Neither is a leader of their respective party, yet you jammed the comment in there to support your agenda.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

16. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

I personally prefer a liar over a douche (R) saying it is ok to stone LGBT people to death.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

they can't be stoned to death. MJ wont kill you no matter stoned you get.

18. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I'm winning again, as your obvious out-of-context quoting proves. The leaders are Hillary and JFKerry. The mainstream media leader is Williams.

19. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

That's not how you started the OP.

20. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

You mean where I said "Another Democrat lies about his war experience"?

By Democrat leadership, I meant leaders and leading Dems. If that wasn't obvious, now it should be.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Mods, please /wasteland.

This thread is asinine.

BL.

22. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

You are posting long-winded culture wars political posts in the PRSI section of a technology Internet site. Winning is the last thing you are doing.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    "mainstream media leader". HE COMMANDS ALL THE LIBERAL DRONES!

24. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

It's really funny, I want to see where this goes :D

25. samiwas macrumors 65816

Yeah, Fox News is known for its truthfulness.

Can we go ahead and call this what it is, and call Duck what he is?