Another dream use for the iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balloonless

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Just a thought, but I was talking to a friend who was telling me that the iPad's speaker has had a massive poweer boost from the iPhone...

So my idea, and I think it's its a good one, is to create an App that plays the optimum bass level for the iPad, them instal "iDryer docks" into all public restrooms in the world, you could then after taking a pee, plug your iPad into the "iDryer" and press the hand dryer app, this would then make the loud constant bass noise that would generate enough air to dry your hands near the speakers.

Abviuosly this App would have to cost around the $30 mark to make enough money to instal the "iDryer docks"

Balloonless

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Should I register "iDryer" as a trademark?

Would you pay $30 for such an app?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
If I said what I really thought about your idea I'd probably get a time-out. The distilled version is that I don't know why anyone would pay any amount of money to dry their hands when they could do the same thing for free.

Balloonless

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
OK, sorry, I thought it was a good idea.

And it would only be a one off cost of $30, and it would charge your iPad and play music, maybe it could also be a wifi point? would that interest you?

Balloonless

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
No, because it's a friggin bathroom.
Right so you wouldn't pay $30 for an app that woudl allow you to use the "iDryer" wifi whilst taking a dump, then you plug it in to the idryer and it charges your iPad, plays music and drys your hands? :confused::confused::confused:

Balloonless

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Exactly. I wouldn't pay because I can do all of those things quite easily for free.
Wrong, you cant use wifi whilst taking a dump, you can't play music whilst drying your hands, and you cant charge your iPad whilst taking a dump. or play music.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Wrong, you cant use wifi whilst taking a dump, you can't play music whilst drying your hands, and you cant charge your iPad whilst taking a dump. or play music.
-I can stand going a couple of minutes away from the internet.
-I can stand not being able to listen to music for the 30 seconds it takes to dry my hands, not that you'd be able to hear it over the din of the dryer in the first place.
-Yes you can, it's called plugging it into the outlet while you go to the bathroom.

Balloonless

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Only when I visit the bizarro world
So out of 4 people 2 people would buy it... so looks like it could be a winner.

If Apple think they'll sell 10 million units, and I have a 50% purchase of the "iDryer app" then I'll have $150,000,000 to spend installing the actual "iDryers" in every public restroom.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Lets pretend you are serious... which is quite a stretch

There is free WiFi in many places
I can play music while using paper towels even without WiFi
I can play music while taking a dump without WiFi
And I don't plan on being in there long enough to charge my iPad

Besides, I try to avoid taking a dump on the road

/thread

Balloonless

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
-I can stand going a couple of minutes away from the internet.
-I can stand not being able to listen to music for the 30 seconds it takes to dry my hands, not that you'd be able to hear it over the din of the dryer in the first place.
-Yes you can, it's called plugging it into the outlet while you go to the bathroom.
Are you being thick on purpose? when have you seen a public bathroom with a wall socket? and a 30 pin adapter?

Lets pretend you are serious... which is quite a stretch

There is free WiFi in many places
I can play music while using paper towels even without WiFi
I can play music while taking a dump without WiFi
And I don't plan on being in there long enough to charge my iPad

Besides, I try to avoid taking a dump on the road

/thread
But you cant charge your iPad or use the IDryer's wifi

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
So out of 4 people 2 people would buy it... so looks like it could be a winner.

If Apple think they'll sell 10 million units, and I have a 50% purchase of the "iDryer app" then I'll have $150,000,000 to spend installing the actual "iDryers" in every public restroom.
This seems likely as a sample size of four people on an internet forum will give you pretty accurate projection results for planning the marketing strategy of your future product.

Balloonless

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
This seems likely as a sample size of four people on an internet forum will give you pretty accurate projection results for planning the marketing strategy of your future product.
Good point. Maybe I should start a poll?

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
But you cant charge your iPad or use the IDryer's wifi
You forgot the environmental benefits! Green marketing, my friend. People are crazy for it nowadays. Just think of the energy being saved by using speakers instead of heated blowers. In addition, you could power the thing on farts! MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Balloonless

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
You forgot the environmental benefits! Green marketing, my friend. People are crazy for it nowadays. Just think of the energy being saved by using speakers instead of heated blowers. In addition, you could power the thing on farts! MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
I see where you're going, but I'm beginning to think you're being sarcastic?

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
No electronic device I own would ever see the inside of a public restroom. I've yet to be Ina public restroom that wasn't filthy and had water all over the counters. Plus I sure as he'll don't care to spend any amount of time messing with electronics.

Better option. Water proof case with a external battery in it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.