Another failed Reichstag

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PerfSeeker, Aug 26, 2010.

1. PerfSeeker macrumors 6502a

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Really? I have some substantial doubts Air America did any such thing.

4. PerfSeeker thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now they aren't! I've got them on AM 1090 locally here in Seattle. The whole day filled with left-wing talkers. Ed Schultz is the chief creep among them.

5. PerfSeeker thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Because the only possibility of any sort of left wing radio is Air America? It couldn't be...say...another left-leaning radio company?

And are you alleging that this radio show blamed the tea party or do you have actual proof? If not, then what's the point of starting this thread other than to troll?

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It's called syndication. The same concept behind Rush.

8. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

as Glen Beck might say.......I don't know if this station is really a secret plot on the part of Air America to destroy the cultural values of young non-muslim white children, and I have to say that I haven't seen any proof that it isn't. And all of this about Air America going defunct, could that just be lies to deceive true American Tea Party patriots who aren't muslims? I haven't seen any evidence that it isn't but you have ask yourself, why wouldn't they want to keep it secret if it's really all about destroying Americanism?? :p

9. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

By the way, is this a first for PRSI, Godwining a thread in its own title?

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

If only it was the first time a tea party supporter didn't try (and fail spectacularly) in enticing a culture wars argument.

11. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Hate doesn't sell.

12. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Unfortunately this is only the case for the audience for whom air america targeted.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Sadly Rush Limbaugh seems to be doing quite well.

I think it is. It's a new record.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Glenn Beck
    Sarah Palin
    Rush Limbaugh
    Ann Coulter

Thay all seem to be doing well. Relaxing your brain again?

15. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

So when are the Democratic Party initiating emergency dictatorial powers and invading Poland?

16. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

As usual, you make it look easy. Nicely done.

I'm going to ask a question, and I promise I'm being neither rhetorical nor baiting nor generally jerkish (and I don't want to derail the thread, but it seems silly to start a new thread on this topic): What do folks in this forum mean when they bring up the phrase "culture wars?" I'm not the most well-read person here, nor do I do a very good job of staying on top of the news and such. I first heard the phrase used by Bill O'Reilly once a few years ago in conjunction with (I believe) a book he wrote, but didn't pay attention.

Wikipedia's opening definition is:

Is the issue simply one of differing "cultural values?" If so, I don't see how that phrase itself has become such a hot-button lately. I'm sure I'm overlooking something.

Thanks. And again, I'm not baiting nor flaming nor rhetoric-ing nor dancing nor prancing.

17. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Wikipedia pretty much sums it up. For me it's empty, stereotypical arguments about "the right" and "the left" without actually debating anything of substance.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The culture wars come down to the opposing views in US politics - the recent US elections have all been very close.

AFAIK the "right" are:

Pro-life, pro-defence, anti-mosque, pro-death penalty, anti-welfare, pro-"God", pro-war, pro-insolutationalist, anti-gay.

The "left" are:

Pro-choice, pro-small military, pro-mosque, anti-death penalty, pro-welfare, anti-"God", anti-war, pro-internationalist, pro-gay.

And they find it difficult to find common ground between these positions.

A lot of the time I find it difficult to understand how anyone cannot believe at least in principle with these positions of the "left" and those on the right feel strongly about their side of the "debate" for religious reasons making common ground difficult.

The sad thing is that there are lots of other political issues which are generally more important and also have much more room for disagreement on - so reducing US politics to 'culture wars' is bad.

19. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

[Rocket J. Squirrel voice]

Again? But that trick never works!

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Nice thread fail, attempting to trash Air America. Personally, I think the news on the Dumont network is biased. ;)

This will probably be the one and only time when I point to Fox's ratings. :D

21. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Oooh, I love tea parties. Will there be scones and cucumber finger sandwiches?

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

[Bullwinkle pulls a tiger head out.]

Whoops!! Wrong hat.

:)

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

We ran out of cucumbers, they're just finger sandwiches now.