Another "Family Values" Republican Gets Outed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Dec 16, 2011.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/dec/16/davis-receipts-prompt-frank-talk/

Still hoping Rick Santorum gets outed. With the way he protests homosexuality so much, he has to be hiding something.

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

3. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I agree with your sentiment, but acknowledge that concept can be taken way too far. I'm speaking of wolves in sheep's clothing... I'm much prefer a tolerant society who can accept a spectrum of individuals but chase out the true crooks in political office.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

But change has to come from within, and what better way than by showing Gays can get the job done at least as well as anyone else.

But first they have to achieve positions of power and trust. That's the conundrum.

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Actually, many people in all walks of life have to be in order to be accepted - too bad really - why can't we all just be ourselves? (me included)...

Seems like a normal family man :eek::

[​IMG]

though, he is kinda cute... ;)

7. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Wait what?

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Conservative, progressive, not Progressive Conservative. :eek:

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

It's really sad that some people have to do this. I myself am gay and I would never live a charade like this. I guess he felt he had to so the public can accept him and trust him to do the job. But, at the same time, he hurt his wife and his kids. Men on the "down low," I believe are selfish men and just need to come out. Those desires only get stronger, you can't control it. Trust me.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I think we're in a period of transition when it comes to this issue. While it will probably continue to be an issue for a long time, mostly because some people don't really realize their homosexuality until late in life, I think the political need to be married and have kids is waning. Many of these men came of age during the 80s or 90s when the US was still wrestling with the rightness of homosexuality.

This guy is from the deep south so he probably has a lot more baggage than someone from a more liberal, urban area, but even the south will have to change eventually.

11. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I have mixed feelings about involuntarily outing someone. People have a right to decide when, and if, they out themselves

Having said that, I have no sympathy for those who do harm to gays who are gay themselves, just for self serving purposes. If a gay person chooses to keep his affectional preference to himself, so be it. But when they harm others simply to promote their own personal advancement, they forfeit their right to privacy and should be outed without hesitation.

Folks like this may be struggling with their own sexual identity, which is terribly difficult. But any sympathy that may be felt for the individual's struggle is eliminated when they seek to deny others their rights.

12. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

He outed himself by using the city's credit card at a gay sex toy shop. If he would've used his personal credit card for personal expenses, then he wouldn't be in this situation.

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

On another note, I know he loves his children, who wouldn't, but does he love his wife, or has he just been "using" her?

The poor woman must be in a quandary, unless she has known all along.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Hmmm...if I were him I think I would have figured that out on the wedding night when what I saw really didn't do it for me and I was probably thinking about a cute guy that was at the wedding instead.

I honestly do not understand how people can lie to even themselves about such matters. You've GOT to know what arouses you and what you find attractive vs. what doesn't.

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Its always something stupid with these idiots. Tweeting a nude picture of yourself to everyone, using public funds, its like they want to get caught.