Another good guy with a gun goes to jail. SAD

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
well this idiot rent a dummy pulled a George Zimmerman with some great added drama. glad this was not florida or it would have been justified.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/cvs-security-staffer-chases-fatally-shooting-shoplifter-article-1.3320358?cid=bitly&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

31-year-old Christopher Geddes was seen Sunday on surveillance video stealing items from a South Buckner Boulevard CVS and running to a Toyota Camry waiting in the parking lot.

Minutes later another man is seen running out of the store and getting behind the wheel of a Chevy Camaro parked outside.

Employees at the CVS identified the second man as 36-year-old Julio Ruvalcaba, a loss-prevention staffer at the store.
According to investigators, Ruvalcaba chased the car Geddes was in down the freeway. During the chase, the shoplifting suspect's car crashed and Ruvalcaba got out of his vehicle and shot Geddes in the upper torso before driving off.

When police arrived to the scene of the shooting, they found Geddes lying on the curb. He was taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries.

Ruvalcaba was arrested Monday and charged with murder, police said.

Last edited:

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Oh ok. I know that juvenile crime is a problem but... ;)
Well, loss prevention dude should go to jail for murder (unless the other dude had a gun).
what would it matter if the guy had a gun? a wannabe cop does not have the right to chase someone with a car crash into them and then shoot them. well unless your george of course.
[doublepost=1499960023][/doublepost]
he is charged with murder .....but Steve needed to use his broad brush against gun owners.
what you feel guilty? sorry I did not I used the headlines I got.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
well this idiot rent a dummy pulled a George Zimmerman with some great added drama. glad this was not florida or it would have been justified.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/cvs-security-staffer-chases-fatally-shooting-shoplifter-article-1.3320358?cid=bitly&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
What makes the Zimmerman case miles worse, is that there, the person who ended up dead was doing nothing but being black and walking home. For this case there is no fight that the shooter started to claim self defense, along with stupid gun laws that facilitate murder. That said, arrested for murder sounds good to me.
[doublepost=1499961716][/doublepost]
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. The thief and the shooter both won. Society remains par with no gain, no loss.
How do you figure the thief won?

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Society actually won, if you view addition by subtraction as valid. We've removed two idiots from the community. I call that a win for society at large.
Hey, guys for those who think this is win win, let's establish a Society Virtue Committee and establish an execution list. Society can only get better. :rolleyes::oops:

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
Society actually won, if you view addition by subtraction as valid. We've removed two idiots from the community. I call that a win for society at large.
Loss of thief was a gain. Feeding and housing the shooter is a loss. Thus the par.
[doublepost=1499963653][/doublepost]
What makes the Zimmerman case miles worse, is that there, the person who ended up dead was doing nothing but being black and walking home. For this case there is no fight that the shooter started to claim self defense, along with stupid gun laws that facilitate murder. That said, arrested for murder sounds good to me.
[doublepost=1499961716][/doublepost]
How do you figure the thief won?
The stupid prize.

Reactions: jkcerda

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
what would it matter if the guy had a gun? a wannabe cop does not have the right to chase someone with a car crash into them and then shoot them. well unless your george of course.
[doublepost=1499960023][/doublepost]
what you feel guilty? sorry I did not I used the headlines I got.
Well, as long as I don't break any law (speed limit etc.), I can chase any car I want.
So, unless you can prove that the loss prevention officere voluntarily caused the crash, up to that point there is no actual crime. And if I am chasing a dude and if he crashes and I walk out of the car... I can shoot if he he's pointing a gun at me, and I can't shoot if he's not pointing a gun at me.
Of course, he should've not fled the scene.

Reactions: jkcerda

AsherN

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2016
Canada
Well, as long as I don't break any law (speed limit etc.), I can chase any car I want.
So, unless you can prove that the loss prevention officere voluntarily caused the crash, up to that point there is no actual crime. And if I am chasing a dude and if he crashes and I walk out of the car... I can shoot if he he's pointing a gun at me, and I can't shoot if he's not pointing a gun at me.
Of course, he should've not fled the scene.
Loss prevention can aprehend you between the cash and the door. With a wild imagination, you may be able to stretch that to the paking lot. That's it. End of story. As soon as the thief gets in the car, the LPO gets the licence plate and calls the cops.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Loss prevention can aprehend you between the cash and the door. With a wild imagination, you may be able to stretch that to the paking lot. That's it. End of story. As soon as the thief gets in the car, the LPO gets the licence plate and calls the cops.
Absolutely.
But saying that he has no right to chase a car is wrong. As a citizen, he can follow any care he wants (except by court order of course). As I mentioned, he certainly was not allowed to cause the accident, or to act except to help the dude after the crash.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
what an out of touch, lack of empathy and myopic thing.

Maybe I should learn from you though, but just have a lack of sympathy for *******s?

especially if you believe that shoplifting is a crime punishable by death.
Why should I have sympathy for someone that has no sympathy for me? Their thievery causes prices to increase for anyone purchasing goods and services. Higher the prices the more labor it takes to earn the money to legitimately purchase. I didn't say I agreed that he was killed, I just don't care that he was.