Another Gun Rights Victory

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jul 26, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/e...tory-fed-appeals-court-strikes-down-concealed
    COOL, hope it's implemented nation wide.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

another day another guns are the bestest post by jkcerda. cause we all know a armed society never accidentally kills anyone.

3. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

With freedom comes responsibility.

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

RIGHTS are the "bestest",,,,,,,,,,, and one day you will get it.

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Unfortunately, D.C. will most likely seek a full panel review by the D.C. Circuit, which has a 7-4 majority of Democrat appointed judges.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes lets push the responsibility aspect ok? not call it loosing your rights and other copouts.

7. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

It's tricky... it would hit SCOTUS in a heartbeat. Most of the "may issue" states have requirements that would not likely survive a SCOTUS challenge.
    Gun grabbers need to think that through. If this hit SCOTUS and "Good cause" rules were deemed unconstitutional, Cali, NJ, and a a few other states would have a collective heart attack.

8. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

The vast majority of gun owners are responsible gun owners. We already have laws that prevent convicted felons and the mentally ill from legally buying guns.

Outlawing responsible citizens buying guns won't prevent criminals from buying them.

More people die in car accidents than die from a gun, every year.

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

actually you remember the law getting passed that removed the mentally ill from owning guns? The nra is working hard to get felons armed and yes I have posted links to that fact. Guess what everyone is actually using the car for hours on end in a day. Imagine if everyone had a gun at all times think it would be the same? drinking in a bar with guns sports with guns anywhere where people get excited everyone armed think about that.

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

No doubt about that, and I look forward to that day.

11. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

That already happened in the Wild West and everything worked out just fine.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how many shootings have there been in the Texas classrooms since they started carrying? what bar can you carry guns in?

13. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

I'm all for guns. I have a concealed permit, go shooting, great fun. But I also like pot, yet that is considered dangerous, and illegal. Go figure.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

man what a good answer ignorant and not true but don't let that stop you. how many children were shot by other children in the wild west? how many people showing off kill or hurt someone?

15. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I grew up in a place were virtually everyone had a gun with them, virtually everywhere they went. Never seen anyone get shot, accidentally or otherwise.

Welcome to Kentucky, 3 million people, and 6 million registered firearms.

My mom carries a gun, and she's a great grandmother.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we have laws dealing with that :D

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so lately there have been no school shootings a so it must because some teachers are armed. got some proof thats what stopped it? got any evidence armed citizens stop any violence? I mean real evidence not the stuff gun nuts come up with. Remember there are more guns then americans and we still are not safe right where is the magic number?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 26, 2017 ---
    yes Kentucky where if you leave a gun out and your child shoots someone you don't get in trouble,
    http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/watchdog/article162848728.html

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I extremely doubt it :).

19. steve knight, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

rights don't mean you need to try to get that.

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I wish all the effort put into guaranteeing gun rights were put into guaranteeing privacy (particularity online).

21. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

You're problem is, you want to outlaw a right, a right that is spelled out in our Constitution, yet you don't understand that no good has ever come from outlawing a right.

What good came from prohibition, how's that war on drugs working out for you?

Virtually everyone can get virtually any drug they want, virtually anywhere within 15 min. from their house.

Outlawing guns will not make them go away, their price will go up on the black market, pushing more and more people to deal them illegally, providing criminals with better access to firearms.

22. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

23. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Agreed to some extent. A constitutional amendment is required that spells out what restrictions and licensing requirements can and cannot be put on gun ownership.

24. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Yes, but that would be to admit that virtually every gun law we have on the books now is unconstitutional.

25. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

your problem is your assuming a lot. I never said to take guns away never said ban them your assuming that because it is easy to make you think that. Now if you have some evidence where I said ban all guns bring it on.