Another Homophobic Republican Gets Outed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Jul 12, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2008/0...al-and-chair-of-mccain-campaign-outed-as-gay/

And an image I saw on dKos that fits quite well here:

[​IMG]

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

First up against the wall when the queer revolution comes: those who made life far worse for people while enjoying the behaviour they publicly condemned in others. Inexcusably loathsome and repellent conduct.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons."

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I would expect to see the same level of revulsion expressed by those who feel Al Gore is a hypocrite to chime in here about this guy...

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Surely not, by now. You should know better.

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

and are you expecting those who feel disgusted by this guy's hypocrisy to chime in about Gore being a hypocrite?

7. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This is getting so common, it's almost boring. Was he cute at least? If not, please cure him like Ted Haggard. :)

EDIT- just looked at his site, he's not terrible on the eyes. OK, we'll keep him- but he has to be much nicer. ;)

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Well, if this story is true, then this guy's hypocrisy is irrefutable. Al Gore's is still being debated. That's where your logic breaks down.

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

If you like that kind...

[​IMG]

11. Queso macrumors G4

Oh he'll do the usual. Claim it was the devil and turn the story into a rant against the evils of homosexuality and how he's facing his "failings", rather than it actually being about his lying, adultery and outright hypocrisy.

As with Ted Haggard, I'd pity him if he hadn't behaved in such a vile way in the past. But as he has I believe this picture sums my thoughts up perfectly...

[​IMG]

12. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

He wants to ban sex toys? It's good to see that these "politicians" have their priorities.

13. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

He'll probably join Ted Haggard in gay rehab before you guys get a chance to keep him ;)

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

15. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Would someone please explain to me? How can a person refuse who they are, and speak-out so vehemently against a personal trait, which defines them as a person? I understand hypocrisy, but this seems to be a deeper issue. Is just as simply as a person, who wants to be part of the Republican brotherhood, cannot be gay? If that were the case, why take such vocal, outward and highly publicized stance? Wouldn't it be easier just to stay away from the subject? or, is it over-compensating? I guess I am just totally confused by it.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I suspect the extreme reaction comes about because the person feels his self-image is threatened by his own sexual ambivalence. Emerson had it sussed.

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yes exactly. You got it. Such brilliance, this one...

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

What is the matter with you people??

Condemning Gays leaves more in the field of play for himself.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh come on, he's salvageable. We get him to a gym- and with some new clothes and a better haircut, we could make him fabulous. ;)

20. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'm sure there's another explanation for this. He could have just tripped and fallen into bed or the other guy tricked him by pretending to be his wife. You guys are far to quick to judge. There's dozens of explanations for ending up in bed with another guy that are completely innocuous.

21. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Hahaha, that reminds me of the lyrics to that horrible Eminem song Guilty Conscience, just replace "she" with "he":

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

23. Queso macrumors G4

Quite right. That marital bed may even have been stuck halfway up a mountainside in a blizzard and the two of them may have been dying from hypothermia :p

24. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

We were out of town this weekend, but as Alabama residents this seems like the sort of thing we would have heard about by now. Is there a (legit) source for this story or is it still in the rumor stage?

25. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Google news only brings up sources from gay news agencies. I'm wondering about the legitimacy of this as well. Nothing comes up from searches on various local news searches.