Another iPhone 4s battery thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SporkLover, Jan 8, 2012.

1. SporkLover macrumors 6502

........... Sort of......

So a buddy of mine called me the other day and named two Samsung Android handsets, and asked which of them I would recommend to him because it was time for an upgrade. I told him to go the iPhone route, but he was hesitant because it didn't have 4g. I told him about the iPhone 4s support for HSPA+, not really 4g but would be much faster than his blackberry that didn't support.

So he takes the plunge and loves it. After dinner one night, he does mention that he is severely disappointed with the battery life. He shows me his phone, it is just below the 50% mark. He had his phone off the charger since 6am (it's now 10 pm). He's a moderate usage kind of person. But anywho I couldn't help but laugh because he was comparing it to his Blackberry, where he could go two plus days without charging.

I just couldn't help but laugh and say that he has to say goodbye to those sorts of charging habits since he moved to a real smart phone. :apple:

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Seems like he's getting good battery life for what he uses his phone for.
    Good for him.

3. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

if he would have gotten a 4G android handset, it probably would have died already by then. :rolleyes:

4. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Well, what a good friend you are for steering him away from LTE phones. That would make him seriously disappointed with the battery life. :)

5. cynics macrumors G3

I agree the speed of LTE is nice but a huge battery hog. I use an android tablet hot spot as my home internet because I average around 40-60 mb down which is much faster then cable and fiber optic I've used in my area.

A good thing about most LTE phones is you can get an extended battery. And it's a hassle but you can carry around a back up battery.

6. jj48 macrumors regular

Ouch... and to think some people in the UK are annoyed that these services aren't available.

7. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

Last Friday, I was with a friend and his 4G Android phone beeped at him. It was about 2:30 in the afternoon and he said the beep was telling him that his battery was low. I told him that I charge my 4S every night and he said that he charges his Android phone every night, too, and every time he's in the car and when he's at home and when he's in the office, and... :)

8. SporkLover thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol, thats what I told him. Although it's not Blackberry battery life, I told him that a whole day with moderate usage is pretty good on an iPhone.

9. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

I've gotten two full days of use out of mine before. Just depends on each individuals usage habits.