Another line is eligible for upgrade...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mknoebel, Sep 12, 2012.

1. mknoebel macrumors member

If I go to Verizon I can transfer an upgrade to another number. I've always had good luck ordering directly from Apple, but when I check availability with them, it won't let me transfer the upgrade.

*Can I order the iPhone from Apple from the eligible upgrade number, but then activate it on my number?

or

*Should I just order from Verizon where I can transfer the eligible upgrade directly to my number before the order?

Thanks all.

2. nicholask1993 macrumors newbie

New to know the same thing. On my parents plan and my mother is due for an upgrade as will let me use hers if I give her my 4S...

3. mknoebel thread starter macrumors member

Similar here. I'm going to upgrade and then give my iP4 to my daughter.

4. mknoebel thread starter macrumors member

Want to bring this up to see if anyone knows the answer to this?

5. marvin4653 macrumors regular

For ATT customers, two different reps told me that you can purchase the phone using the line that is eligible for an upgrade (i.e., enter that number at the time you pre-order). Then, after receiving the phone, you can go to an ATT store with the device (and possibly the IMEI number of the handset currently active on the line that was eligible for an upgrade), and they can switch the new phone to another line. You may even be able to transfer the phone to the proper line by speaking with ATT customer service over the phone or by chat, as long as you have the IMEI number of the new phone, which will be on the box (and, again, possibly the IMEI number of the handset currently active on the line that is eligible for an upgrade).