Another Middle Eastern Leader claims that Hitler wasn't responsible for the Holocaust

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mrkramer, Oct 21, 2015.

1. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/22/w...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

I saw this article while browsing through the news and found it interesting. I'm surprised that even though Netanyahu has shown he is crazy that he would distort the history of the Holocaust to try to shift the responsibility for it from the Nazis to the Arabs. I don't see much difference in him doing this than in the former president of Iran claiming that the Holocaust didn't happen.

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It saddens me that so many of my fellow jews still support this warmonger.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Ok I thought this was going to be a thread about a leader of a different religion.

Wow.

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Well he learned it from the US how many times have we seen Christian leaders blaming the holocaust on something or comparing it to abortion or diminishing it?

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think the vast majority of Christian leaders respect the holocaust.

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Yes but I have seen some of the far right doing it. Or comparing it to abortion or obomacare. It had been getting used for the last couple of years for about any reason. Hell we have seen trump blaming it on the Jews.

7. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Wow, I feel like I just got head f@#ked. This is the same guy who in 1989 said

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Please post the link of Donald Trump blaming the Holocaust on the Jews.

9. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

What a *censored*, just search for "Arabs who saved Jews during the Holocaust" to see how wrong he is. Also, hitler was pretty bent on genocide in any case - he really fails his history.

10. mrkramer thread starter macrumors 603

mrkramer

I hadn't seen that quote before, but it doesn't surprise me at all that he has advocated that kind of policy. It seems like this is the ultimate aim of Israeli policy as they try their best to sabotage any chance of a two state solution working out. A lot of the time I wonder if Israel isn't just trying to push the Palestinians to the point where some group reacts with a major attack on Israel that the Israelis then use as an excuse to either expel all of the Palestinians if they can find a country willing to take them or carry out a genocide to permanently remove them from Palestine.

11. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

oops it was ben carson my bad got the crazies mixed up.. but it was victim blaming for not doing the right thing. then a fox news host said that the jews did not fight back enough.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34485358

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

I read that. Historically inaccurate and offensive my *ss.

It's a game of word twister to get one up on a high-earning Republican front runner who the Left is deathly afraid of and who must be stopped at all costs.

Carson, a successful black man who rose up from the ghetto and became world renowned.

All without hope and change and without Democratic handouts. But with hard work and perseverance and with the lift one gets in the practice of religion. Carson, role model extraordinaire.

13. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

He could be all that and still be wrong about the Holocaust, which is the point here. Yes good for him to have been so successful, he could study history a bit more though.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, rose up from the ghetto in part due to a host of government programs that he now wants to end.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Religion doesn't make a damn bit of difference to success. Plenty of successful people aren't religious.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Let's dig a little deeper and show, once again, that you are either completely ignorant of the facts or just choose to ignore them. Which is it?

Ben Carson, world renowned ghetto upriser....

Lived in public housing
    Received food stamps
    Got his glasses form a government program
    Likely benefited from Affirmative Action

17. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I think its awsome that he was able to take advantage of the programs.
    it's unfortunate that more people with similar upbringings don't.

18. Huntn, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The Republicans sent him a copy of the GOP Strategy Guide For Dummies. Don't let historical facts stand in your way. See Chapter 9: Getting The Sheep To Drink From The Koolaid Trough. ;)

Seriously, this is disgusting to what lengths this man wants to blame Arabs as a rationalizion for why Israeli abuses Palestinians.

Wait, are you saying he did not do it on his own?? And now he's biting the hand that helped him? Hmm.

19. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

For the self proclaimed "voice of reason" or whatever Carson calls himself, this is lunacy- especially to say this Wolf Blitzer, a Jew himself. I used to have some respect for Ben Carson (2 years ago?), but the more he talks, the crazier he gets.

As I remember, thousands of German and Japanese Americans were sent to internment camps in the US, in addition to thousands of Americans who lost their (often high level) jobs/livelihoods due to being *suspected* spies. These people had gun rights and how did that prevent them from getting uprooted and sent to the middle of nowhere? If you're labeling someone as a disposable citizen (criminal, enemy/spy, subhuman race, mentally ill, etc), if they pull a gun to defend themselves, what do you think the outnumbering soldiers with bigger guns will do? They're already deplored by society! When the Jews revolted in Germany, there was some success, but in the big picture it resulted in mass casualties far beyond any offensive damage.

Dr. Carson also needs to keep in mind for a long time the Jews didn't realize they were being transported to extermination camps, because no one knew they existed. The fear to leave Germany had already surfaced prior to their forced uprooting. Had they known they were going to be tortured with witnessing mass murder, human experiments, freezing cold weather, starvation, humiliation, slave labor, rape, disease, and just unsanitary living conditions... and likely eventually killed by one of the aforementioned methods --- I'm sure they'd rather be just shot in the head for refusing to leave their home on day one than going through the trauma of the holocaust. Hindsight is 20/20 though...

We don't live in the Revolutionary War era... where citizens are fighting with the same technology as the soldiers and people lined up in a field, took one shot, and then took 3 minutes to fire the next. Today, the general public will not be fighting the government with fully automatic weapons, laser guided missiles, nuclear warheads, stealth aircraft, cyber warfare, naval forces, armored vehicles, biological weapons, and other pieces of state of the art weaponry. Imagine if US government and Fergusson, MI declared all-out war on each other? The city could be leveled within seconds of some bomb falling out of the sky.

I don't stand on an anti-gun platform, but I believe in much, much stricter regulations though. Carson's approach is not the way to support Gun Rights. I think it's extremely disrespectful to insinuate things would have been different (essentially) if Jews, had stood up for themselves.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

And yet he is the exception instead of the rule, proof that these programs suck.