Another one bites the dust: Hope Hicks to resign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eatrains, Feb 28, 2018.

1. chiefsilverback macrumors 6502

Could this be an indicator of things to come? Is she getting out before the net closes?

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

What on earth? Is there any evidence she engaged in wrongdoing or is she just fed up? Or did Trump in his usuall pattern of loyalty throw her under the bus?

Something truly is amiss.

3. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

“Ms. Hicks, 29, a former model who joined Mr. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign without any experience in politics“

Uh...

4. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

She admitted she told white lies but I can’t see why she’d resign over that.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

It's like watching an episode of that show that was on TV before "the apprentice"... with that there orange looking fella, I forget his name Donny something or other

6. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Have feeling Jared is not far behind.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

8. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

She's the longest serving Trump adviser. A women with zero political experience before this survived everyone else, let that sink in. Trump sure knows how to pick the best people.

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

10. 0007776 Suspended

She probably was sleeping with him, and then got too old so the affair ended and now she is out.

11. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Some things steaming hot showers just can’t wash off.

12. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Umm did she expect him to praise her after telling Congress she lies for him?

13. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

14. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

Gross.

And Trump berated her for telling white lies. That’s racist!

15. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I guess white lies matter.

16. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

She's certainly been through enough work-entwined BS in the recent past to end up pretty much burned out: Mueller's interview.... the Congressional investigation... the media spotlight on her affair with a disgraced and dismissed WH aide whose ex-wives were apparently abused... plus just working for Trump, whose need for "little white lies" may have grown over time, but meanwhile for anyone to utter such lies becomes dicier and dicier.

And now Trump gets all irate with her over having copped to lying for him? Maybe he can't see the problem with lying about having lied, but it would seem that Hope HIcks' counsel made the consequences clear to his client!

Man it sure does seem like the people who've been loyal to Trump always get it in the back from him in the end. You'd think people would long since have seen this pattern before now, and so would refuse even a job interview with the guy -- even though the tradition is that if the President asks, you say yes and take the job if it's offered.

At this point, though, it does becomes more acceptable to turn down a job offer from this particular White House. What sane person would agree to walk into this mess? Maybe some pawns of the RNC will get rounded up to replace Kelly if Trump fires him, and fill in slots left by Porter and Hicks, but short of that it's hard to see anyone rushing to become a WH aide of inner-circle rank: "Welcome to being investigated".

17. Zenithal macrumors 604

The very best people!
    In one of our punny moods today?

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Honestly I wonder if Trump (Mr. Crotch-Grabber-in-Chief) had some sort of romantic interest in her. Her resignation comes after it became public she was involved with Porter (which would make trump feel jealous), and after Melania appears to have been fed up with Trump's extramarital activities. Maybe Hope Hicks just got fed up of trying to defend the nonsense going on, but somehow I suspect there is another dimension to this. Anyway, I don't think this bodes well for stability in the White House. I almost feel sorry for Trump.

19. Krayzkat Suspended

20. samcraig macrumors P6

Loyalty is a one way street

21. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Hopefully not with another Trump..

22. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

A model, unqualified for the job, knowing Trump's affinity towards mannequins, I cannot say that I am surprised that she left.