Another one bites the dust

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, May 18, 2010.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/house/mark-souder-to-resign.html

Stay classy family values conservatives.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

3. Queso macrumors G4

4. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

According to HuffPo, female. Regardless, I'm pretty sure someone who claims to be a religious Christian isn't supposed to go off and **** somebody who isn't his wife.

I'll give him credit though, he called for Larry Craig to resign after his little bathroom incident. At least he's keeping his word on that.

[​IMG]

Do you know of any human who would be turned on by that? I don't. Had to be one of those human-like sex robots :D

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Good lord. That's like a nightmare I've had before.

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Are we -Americans- just a joke to the rest of the world when it comes to sex? I'm not saying its ok to cheat on your spouse but isn't this the only country where people think they have to quit their jobs just because they fooled around on their wife/husband?

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Let's put it this way- I'm pretty liberal when it comes to all things sexual. I got called "uptight" in Berlin.

Yeah, I'd say we're a joke to the rest of the world when it comes to sex. ;)

8. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I'm pretty sure it is.

9. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I think the funniest part is how he admits to having an affair with "a part time member of my staff." Why point out that she is a part time employee? Does that somehow mitigate the affair - that she didn't work a full 40 hours a week? Cracks me up. "It is with great regret I admit to an improper relationship with a member of my staff who is actually an independent contractor, and files quarterly tax returns, and doesn't get dental insurance, and is definitely not a salaried employee."

10. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

"She's part time so I could only bone her part time! It was just a part time affair!"

11. Queso macrumors G4

I don't think it's just you. Here in the UK our government ministers occasionally have to resign for sex stuff. It's better they do though. It avoids the general vomit-inducing embarrassment when it comes out later, as with ex-Prime Minister John Major banging one of his junior health ministers :D

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Better to resign than get voted out for being a hypocrite. Lets not forget this isn't just about sex, he cheated on his wife. That says alot about someones character.

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I think the concern is not about morality in and of itself, it is about a person who vehemently espouses moral behavior and then sneaks around going against the very thing he preaches. Mark Foley, Larry Craig, John Ensign, you can pretty much assume that any high dudgeon moralist is in fact a BS perv. Jimmy Swaggart is a prime example, as compared to Billy Graham, who never made a huge loud noise on the subject and never had a scandal.

14. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

15. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I gotta go to Berlin.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You might really want to do your research first. There's some crazy s*** going on over there. Not that I'm being critical. ;)

17. Queso macrumors G4

It could be said that the true comedy value everyone finds in US politics is that so many of your representatives have to portray themselves as overly godfearing in order to get elected. It sets them up for these later falls.

It would also explain why so many of these scandals happen to Republicans. They have to pretend to be purer than glacial water in order to get voted in by Republican voters in Republican areas.

18. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Since this is coming from you, I'll *definitely* take that under advisement! :)

19. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

The proper term would be "scat" ;)

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Is that like beat-box?

21. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

are you are "acting" coy? :p

22. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I love your bed pan humor.